Is it possible to fit pre facelift front bumper, hood, grill and wings onto a facelift?

So I saw an old blog post someone had fitted an sr bumper to a facelift. Obviously the lights etc didn't match upbut it got me thinking, are all of these parts interchangeable. Could I use my old 97 Micras front panels in place of my 2000's so it looked like an older model?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I would also be interested to know if it was possible, I read somewhere you would have to change the front wings ad well? The Japs were good at standardisation with some parts, when I first got my JDM 1997 FHK11 1.3i Cabriolet for interest I swapped the front bumper for a spare UK spec 2002 Micra 1.4i SE+ I had and it fitted perfectly I had to use the Jap bumper stays though! B-)

Wings, lights, bumper, grill, bonnet and also the piece for the bonnet catch that goes down from the slam panel down is different

Ah so you can just bolt on pre face panels in place of the face lift.

How are the lights different? I'm picking up my new yoke tonight so I might be able to figure that one on my own... maybe lol.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Micra Sports Club mobile app
Yes they all bolt straight on. The wiring is different in them, I can try and find a wiring diagram for you but if you have a haynes that might do

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Back