Is It LEGAL to have your front number plate, on your dashboard behind front windscreen?

i had the no plate up front look for a two weeks, then put it on,no prob, but few years back got pulled when i attempted it
Photo0053.jpg

It has to be on the furthest point forward on the vehicle.

I ran without a front plate, and then with a printed paper plate on the sun visor for a couple of weeks awhile back after the floods and didn't get any bother. But then I didn't cross paths with any of traffic in that time.

Not legal. But for them to notice they've got to be driving towards you and you've got time to dart off :p

There's a DB9 in my street that had no number plate for over half a year and a black/white plate on the back. No problems. Maybe that's the difference between a normal car and a £100k motor :(

What about small motorbike sized plates? I got pulled for spacing on the plate with my play reading "N 16OSR" instead of "N16 OSR"!

Police said, and I quote! "come on its just a Micra.." I was livid with him telling him that it was MY Micra that I love very much and shouldn't judge! Ducking plick!!

Pepper

Back