Is 60k a decent mileage for a...

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
K11... 51 plate?
How much life would you say?

I had a K10 that made it up to 118,000 miles before the gearbox gave up but the engine was pretty mint. Just wondering how good the K11s are. Any advice appreciated... its the 1.4 SE+ I've been after for so long...

My 1998 had got 97k, on average people do 10k a year i think thats the national average so work it out and its about average

Paul H

Ex. Club Member
As long as the engine is serviced and doesn't run out of oil and you look after the cambelt - change every 60,000, the engine will just keep on running as a mechanic friend assures me. Body work is usually the issue. The gearboxes can be troublesom. Mine is at 105,000 miles and the engine is great. 2nd tranny though and some serious rust issues. : (

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
K11s have a timing chain so it wont have been changed, but its best to make sure that it doesnt rattle as this is a sign of engine wear / lack of care.

a 51 reg is 6 years old, 60,000 miles isnt great but not bad either.

OP
OP
Gurpreet

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
thanks just had a look at it today
sounded like it had been neglected
id buy it and put a low mileage 1.4 in
but the TB was gone
and the gearbox was too
so walked away
will keep looking

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
If it was that knackered, surely you could really knock them down in price?
Bear in mind, though, that the Bosch throttlebodies are totally diffrent to those found on all other K11's.

60k after 6 years isn't bad, isn't great, but K11s go on and on generally - not too sure how well the '1.4' lasts as it is slightly bored out.

OP
OP
Gurpreet

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
Well I walked away because of the gearbox issue but wait for it... I found... a 2002 K11... 1.4 Active Automatic... 12,000 miles only in a local salvage!!! HPi clear!!! And I got a mates mate to do me a huge favour who has agreed to respray the whole thing for 500!!! because its the most disgusting green you have ever seen... Im thinking gun metal grey or black... finally... I have a Micra again!!! and it only cost me 2,200! Needs a new front passenger wing thats all. Cat D. Insurer decided not to repair. Let the sanding commence!!! So chuffed.

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
haha glad u finally got it sorted! hope the 1.4s can take some abuse becuase mine gets stick like my 1.0 did. 1.0 loved gettin abuse ;)