Intermittent Not Working?

Since i had the car the wipers only work on the really fast mode the others don't do anything, i was wondering if anyone has a fix for this?

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
what year k11 you gots?
my wipers were playing up to before- went scrappies got a replacement stick thought i was clever getting a wiper stick off of a air con model fitted it
and it didnt function correctly so took apart the old one saw it was broken in side fixed the breakeage put back together and working for two months now er still got the a-c spec one ifanyone needs it or i will keep it to swap something else at the panyard

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Mine was the relay, it would also stop wherever you turned the wipers off. I never fixed it so can't tell you exactly how.

Mine was the relay, it would also stop wherever you turned the wipers off. I never fixed it so can't tell you exactly how.

Mine was the motor:It had no intermittent and when on full , if you put the stalk to off the motor ran on, then stopped in the middle of the screen

OP
OP
A
Oh yeah if i got the wipers on full then quickly turn them off they will stop i.e the middle of the screen, so you think its the motor now? lol

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
It's easy enough to change, I don't have my Haynes anymore but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to talk you through it.

If not just keep undoing bolts til it falls out. Take the wipers off, then look around the motor for bolts.

i had the same problem with my astra, until i was driving home down unlit back roads in the pouring rain and the wipers stopped working all together!

thankfully i had my gf's swimming goggles in the car (she'd been to the gym that afternoon)

so i put those on, wound the window down and 'ace-ventura'd it home! i looked a right state when i got home though :D lol

pollyp

Club Member
i had the same problem with my astra, until i was driving home down unlit back roads in the pouring rain and the wipers stopped working all together!

thankfully i had my gf's swimming goggles in the car (she'd been to the gym that afternoon)

so i put those on, wound the window down and 'ace-ventura'd it home! i looked a right state when i got home though :D lol

haha i've driven ace ventura style too when my windscreen used to freeze up after defrosting in winter. was going to pickup me work m8 down the road when it steamed up n froze back whilst moving so opened windown leaned head out. once there i commenced scraping again.

pollyp

Club Member
k550 (894)..JPG