interior mods

stonesie

Grease Monkey!
OK the ''interesting'' shade of brown that is my interior is starting to loose is's novalty value, is there any kind of paint that stays slightly flexible that i can use on the doorcards? acrylic?

or i think theres a K10 with a grey interior in a local scrapper... how much should i be looking to pay for dash, doorcards, seats and carpet, i am having the dials anyway because i need a clock and they only show 55K (my car has done 59)

fitted a different CD player and it has no clock, maby i should actually ware my watch:suspect:

stonesie said:
OK the ''interesting'' shade of brown that is my interior is starting to loose is's novalty value, is there any kind of paint that stays slightly flexible that i can use on the doorcards? acrylic?

Its been done loads of time, you something to smooth it down, as it can't be all bumpy like it is currently, then i spose a plastic paint just for going over the parts required as the doorcards will be slightly flexible, correct me if im wrong please guys...

they r flexable just be carfull when taking them out i have back seats and seat belts £20 if interested in good nick cos my interor is gray and i am changeing it 2 black and sliva interior

Turtle said:
Theres a pic of someones bright blue dashboard somewhere...

thats pretty striking.

I know the one your talking about, the dark blue with the white stickers on the dash...

But here is a K11 version :p
interior.jpg

james betley said:
that dashbord does look crap
I'd agree... but technically it doesn't!
I don't like it, i like to keep it simple!
It's well made though and probably appeals to other people.
Nice work to whoever done it!

-Jamie

It would probably be easier to recover the doorcards than spray them, then you can spray the dash with halfords paint, using plastic primer. I sanded the grain off on my dash, alot of work but worth the effort if you have the patience. :) I will try and find some pics. :)

you can buy crackle effect paint that you can use on top of other colours i wanted to do it to my old car and spray it black but have red the same as the car comming from underneath in the cracks! il have a look for a pic somewhere! it looked awesome on the can! but i never got around to it! i might do one day though

If u get a black dash get a dark carpet, mine was all grey, it's now a super s interior with silver vents in the dash, and silver and black doorcards. Been meaning to do it for ages, just glad i finally have. The car's silver so it all goes well!! :D

ye good effort! i like that! i wouldnt mind doing that but my cars black! i need to pick a new colour for it!

im kinda affraid to do it but maybe il use the one from my old k10 spray it up and if its any good put it in the super s!

i loved that lil car :( so sad to see it gone......i had more planned....was in the process of recovering my super s seats when i had my crash...

post-5-65785-interiorlit.jpg

I like the dials lighting up blue.... it that difficult to do on these?

also have use of a random-orbital air sander at work....... could be handy for the smooooth look:grinning:

Ne1LL said:
Here you go

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=5823&highlight=interior+pics

I think micra man's old interior is by far the best i've ever seen (pic with the blue bucket seats) .

Thanks Neill. :D I did love the interior when it was like that. Here are a few more pics of my old/new interior. Shame it aint in the finished car though. :( May give some of you a few ideas though. Unfortunately never got some of it finished, but maybe when I have a bit more time it will get done. :)

Attachments

• 13-P3010131.jpg
    13-P3010131.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 292
  • 17-P3010116.jpg
    17-P3010116.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 568
  • dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 307
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 423
  • P1300990.JPG
    P1300990.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 299
  • P6240386.JPG
    P6240386.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 279
  • P8200692.JPG
    P8200692.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 296
stonsie have a look in the diy section james did a guide and its really easy i was a lil worried but it was a dos an didnt take long at all!

Back