Interior door lock light

Hi
Apologies if this is in the wrong place,

The switch to lock the doors has a small orange light which is on constantly even when the key is out. Does anyone know if this is normal or do I have a faulty switch?

I’ve included a picture below to show it if that helps?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:
D2168B52-888C-4885-8923-D7998180E547.jpeg

looks like there may be a short circuit somewhere

Not sure if it's the unlock switch itself that has shorted internally or if it's to do with a switch somewhere else on the doors. Like the light in the fridge that comes on when the door opens and is just pushed on by the fridge door to turn it off, it could be the equivalent of that switch.

Certain accessories work without keys in the ignition at all for safety reasons, the headlights, horn and hazards will work for example. The light could be on for some sort of safety reason. I don't know if there are weight sensors in the seats, there usually are in cars with passenger airbags, it could be that the weight sensor is stuck on so the car 'thinks' someone is in the car with the doors locked and it's lit so that they can find the button to get out even if it's dark. It could be a weight sensor that's faulty.

Well.... the switch is not short circuiting then.... it's working fine! Do you drive with your lights on? If so, that switch will be illuminated.

My 1.4 SX (with engine off and locked) = No illuminated switch. My 160SR (with engine off and locked) = No illuminated switch.

It's not a switch I have EVER looked at before, hell nobody where I live has to lock their cars, let alone lock themselves into their cars..... where do you work? Windsor Safari Park? I know the monkeys can be quite naughty there ;)

The photo you uploaded isn't a standard Micra type switch..... is it a C+C you have?

Mike.

OK...... tried again and if I hit the "lock" switch the light stays on constantly. Before you get out of your car in "lock" mode flip the switch to unlock, that should turn the light out.

I think the anti hijack button lighting may also be linked to your roof connections as it is linked for security, try checking for bad connections on the roof as its trying to draw your attention to a security issue.:oops:

I see that your car is a C+C, maybe the light that is always on has something to do with the electric hood, have you tried to replicate the issue with the hood up and down?

Forgive me, I just saw the reply from Mach1 above mine :rolleyes:

Hi, Thanks for all the replies. It seems to have resolved itself for now. It was on at all times but never tried it with the roof down to be honest

Back