Interesting Retro Hubcaps

Howdy yall,

This is my first post on here, just picked up a blue 2000 k11 1.0l celebration (whatever that is) and this seems to be the place to be. I used to spend a lot of time on vwvortex/fortitude/etc's The Car Lounge but I havent had a car in a little while. I'm an American living on the Orkney mainland off the north coast of Scotland, beautiful place.

Anyway, I picked up this rusty little guy dirt cheap, likely an island car all its life, so you can imagine all the problems that it has. one of them is that it only has 3 crappy plastic hubcaps. ordinarily this wouldnt be of any issue to me, i was planning on doing a bootleg refinishing job on the rusty steelies, until i came across this image

a97f2f0fb4da98f48ee9550f91dbdfa1.jpg

I think the micra belongs to someone on here, but these retro hubcaps offer some cool possibilities. they seem to be a bit hard to come by, here are a couple of the only other shots I could find on the internet.

Nissan%20March,%202000model,%201.3L,%20(F).jpg

Nissan_Micra_Bolero_(K11).jpg

images

anybody else rocking these? also Im curious what size wheel they fit on, looks like the 13 inch.

cheers!

They're not uncommon, and are just a centre cap so they fit both 13" and 14" iirc. Keep checking eBay :)

They're not uncommon, and are just a centre cap so they fit both 13" and 14" iirc. Keep checking eBay :)

Awesome. I found 2 separate pairs I think I'm going to pick up. The real question is what color to paint the steelies now. the blue is a great color but tough to match another color to, especially alongside the silver. only oddball colors I can think of are orange or purple, but ill probably end up going somewhere between white and black. Ill post up when I sort it out. thanks :D

92f150dfb28c0578161a7d4f8a6266a9.jpg

£2,515 with import, insurance, and inspection fees. Not bad considering.
I may have a think about that.
Also thinking, and just started looking at a holiday home in Spain, won't do both so I'll see how my house hunting goes first.

Back