Intake Manifold Question

Hey Guys

Very new to Micra and Nissan in general, usually a Toyota guy.

My partner has a 2010 K13 Micra with the HR12DE engine. I'll be taking on service responsibilities.

Had a bit of a look under the hood and the intake manifold is very different to what I've seen on other cars. Can someone please explain what the little black box sitting on top of the plastic manifold is?

Is this a little black box with a pipe going to it from the engine on top of the air filter box? (Just going by Google pictures )

It looks like where the crank case breather goes on but again just going by pics on google

Sent from my SM-F926B using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Hi Harry,

If you mean the box with the red arrow below, then Chie is correct, this is the PCV breather pipe which vents to the air intake.

If you mean the box with the yellow arrow below, I believe this is an air damper for the intake manifold, which is basically an extra pocket of air connected to the manifold. This is to slow the rate of air pressure changes within the intake manifold, which is important to ensure that each cylinder gets an equal amount of air, especially in a lean-burn engine such as this one, as running one cylinder leaner than the others could result in that cylinder's components overheating.

Picture1.jpg

Hope this helps :)

Back