insurance return :D

right basically i'm on a young drivers policy where you have a tracker fitted that monitors how well you're driving, which on a bog standard 1.0l K11 isn't much trouble as you can't go fast enough to drive 'badly', but anyway just had a review and got 170 quid back (Y) all money to put towards mods next summer :grinning:looking forward to it

thats very good indeed, i looked at that through the co-op...... they wouldnt insure me as the car was too old, and mods but after reading more i wouldnt have wanted it anyway.... as you cant do track days, or drags either so that would void the premium

so i paid the extra :(

was the cheapest insurance i could find and i have no mods (that they know of :p) but i wouldn't say a sub and parcel shelf speakers count towards insurance :p and i wasn't going to do track days anyways, mine is through co-op. coming off next year though cos i found out a month after taking it they didn't allow any mods, was abit annoyed considering i'd already bought a super s spoiler and new exhaust XD

thats very good indeed, i looked at that through the co-op...... they wouldnt insure me as the car was too old, and mods but after reading more i wouldnt have wanted it anyway.... as you cant do track days, or drags either so that would void the premium

so i paid the extra :(

I had the same trouble. I've got a k10 they said was too old. I've got my test on wednesday and i want to be driving asap!

With trackers its not that they wont cover you, its that if you do go on a track day they will void your insurance.

Yer or just find how it is wired in and fit a switch, when you want to go on track days or drive quickly switch it off for a bit.

If it was very technically wired in then it would cost them a lot to have fitted and it wouldn't give a saving.

Not that I condone this at all but GPS blockers that you can get on the internet that plug into the ciggarette lighter for power will temporary stop these devices working.

They will assume it's parked near a metal building or something and has been left there.

Or just do what we did at college (mechanical course) and remove it but leave it on a spare battery.

So anytime you like you can just put it back in the car.

We made it so it simply will go from inside the car to out without losing a 12v feed. We used a small 12v lithium battery. He takes it out the car, puts it into a battery charger in his garage and then puts it back.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Obviously if you crash you are f'd.

Back