Insurance forum

Hi All

Recently visited a forum [REMOVED] for reviews on few black box companies of UK. I started thread there and got some unique replies but want to know should I believe on it or not?

Last edited by a moderator:

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
I wouldn't touch them with a 10ft pole. When you're rewarded based on the times you drive, distance, rates of acceleration and braking, there doesn't seem to be any immediate incentives to be had by the average commuter. Especially those who frequent a major motorway as part of their daily commute. I could imagine one would quickly tick all the wrong boxes in a very short time and end up with a significant addition to their initial premium.

I'll hapily take my average premium for L1 business cover over anything that a well marketted black box insurer has to offer, unless they wish to freely disclose their algorythms to me in advance.

Last edited:

James

Chairman
Funny thread, interesting replies. Shame the original poster is a spammer for said forum and has been swiftly banned from here! :)

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Funny thread, interesting replies. Shame the original poster is a spammer for said forum and has been swiftly banned from here! :)

That's why I gave such a smug reply James. I was actually tempted to end my post with. Too bad you're a &*&$&£!! SPAMMER ;)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I tested a telematics smart phone app and it wasn't very accurate. I mean it highlighted the areas i went too quick, but it also said I braked too late and went too fast around corners. I then tried the app in my mates car who was driving like an old grandad and it said he was also going too quick around bends etc. The app also made it's own profile on the phone, so you do wonder what other information it's uploading whilst it's being used.

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Sounds dodgy to me
I'm sure safe eco driving is about average speeds
So maintaining a decent speed round a corner rather than braking and accelerating is better? Yet insurance companies see that as "racey" behaviour?

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
I really want to try one of those when I'm on my bike...I'd get a minus score... :eek:O

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_205 using Tapatalk

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Sounds dodgy to me
I'm sure safe eco driving is about average speeds
So maintaining a decent speed round a corner rather than braking and accelerating is better? Yet insurance companies see that as "racey" behaviour?

I think it logged it via GPS that the car turned sharply at speed, even though this was perfectly safe, it flagged it anyway. To be fair, it was in development stages and we gave our feedback for improvements to be made, but I don't trust it.