Insurance Companies To Try?

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
It's that lovely time of the year where one needs to renew his/her insurance.
However having 2 years of crash free driving and no points on my licence
my cheapest quote so far is from elephant.co.uk with... wait for it...

£1011.83
You have got to be kidding me right?

2009 - K10 Super S - £1021.62 - No NCB (new driver)
2010 - K11 Super S - £624.33 - 1 Yr NCB
2011 - K11 SR - ???

I am not paying the above amount. even if i have to go car free for a year and a half till i am 25 because apparantly once you hit 25 you become lewis hamilton and drive like you have a bucket of water on your lap.

If anyone can recommend some insurance companies for me to try i would most appreciate it.

Will try SkyInsurance and Chris Knott tomorrow.

But seriously i know insurance has gone up, But i may aswell be speeding and crashing all the time with prices like this.

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Elephant??? :laugh Avoid them like the plague, along with Quinn and Swinton. Admiral, Sky, and Adrian Flux will be your best bet (Y)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I'm going to try this when I get another car at the end of the year Martin, thanks :grinning:.

That's really weird Shaun, Elephant were really high for me, but Admiral where by far the cheapest before I found out about Sky and Adrian Flux

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
I've recently had a great quote from Adrian Flux. £400 with the exhaust declared and 'free' future mod's. I'm paying about £490 atm :).

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
I've recently had a great quote from Adrian Flux. £400 with the exhaust declared and 'free' future mod's. I'm paying about £490 atm :).
But your old! lol :laugh::laugh:
Will try flux and sky tomorrow fingers crossed i can at least get it near or under this years price.

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I paid Admiral £700 for my 1.0l, with most mods declared. No NCB or other named drivers, 10,000 miles a year. Recently got a quote for my next car (BMW E46 325Ci M-Sport) with 2 years NCB (1 from my motorbike, 1 from my K11 at the end of the year), mum and dad on my policy, and 5000 miles per year - managed to get it down to £350, and the renewal on the K11 is £750 with all mods declared and 2 NCB. Not sure how that works fwn

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
This is seriously messed up!
Ryan i take it the two names are parents? is it their policy or yours?

This is seriously messed up!
Ryan i take it the two names are parents? is it their policy or yours?

Yeah I wacked my mum and dad as the 2nd and 3rd named drivers. And its my policy not theirs. I only put their names down as it went down each time, but when I put a 3rd named driver down it went up :doh:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Yeah I wacked my mum and dad as the 2nd and 3rd named drivers. And its my policy not theirs. I only put their names down as it went down each time, but when I put a 3rd named driver down it went up :doh:
Crazy stuff.

and Karl me and ryan live in the same area so shouldn't be a massive difference.

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Shaun, just put your parents on the policy, and blag your mileage - say you'll only do 1000 miles per year, it's not like they can't check that. Say your car is parked in the garage at night as well, there are ways round it

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Shaun, just put your parents on the policy, and blag your mileage - say you'll only do 1000 miles per year, it's not like they can't check that. Say your car is parked in the garage at night as well, there are ways round it
Yeah but it doesn't always work out for people.
if the car gets smashed into or hit of a night outside the house i can't claim. they would just drop the policy like a bowling ball.

Daniel

I WILL be back...
It is, but at least it's a bit less. I'm actually quite surprised it's a high as that in the first place, I have no NCB, 6 points, 1 claim against me, and it's almost half as much for me to insure a car with more mods :eek:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Flux £564

Skyinsurance

£500
Dead on and with my missus insured too. it's gonna cost a little more as i am gonna go monthly but beggars can't be choosers.
inlcuding the coilovers aswell
(Y)

k11_whore

Steve :)
Axa want 900 fully comp off me in november with all mods im gona be doin, but without atm they said 700 1 year no claims, 5 motorbike insurance no claims and no points, good or bad?,