insurance claim - quick question

NiteSite

Ex. Club Member
I'm not having a very good week, first I wreck my tyres by driving over soom roof nails that my next door neighbour "thougtfully" left along the drive and now some guy reverses his car into mine whilst i was parked :(

Got all the insurance sorted out and i should be having it repaired by accident repair centre. I just wanted to know if they replace the parts like for like, or if they just use standard parts? My SR bumper has died and i want to know if they'll replace with SR bumper or standard micra bumper?

i just read that back and it doesn't make sense... never mind :)

You should beable to demand it was exactly as it was before.

Its coming out of the other guys insurance, just tell them you want a super s one.
If its a normal bumper on the front when you get there.. just say;
"excuse me, your using the wrong type of bumper on my car." and im sure they will get another one for you, after all - they are getting paid for the work they do...

usually when crash repair centres order their parts, they give in the VIN number of the car they are for, that way the people at the parts centre know exactly what car its for so should give you the exact same bumper the car had on when it came out of the factory. Although, having saying this, parts centres sometimes get it wrong, i.e. boot lid for saloon being given instead of boot lid for a hatchback. But hopefully you will get it sorted no problem! Im sure your getting a rented car while yours is being repaired!

Yeh, an inspector came today to look at the damage and he took my VIN number so hopefully there should be nothing to worry about :)

Does anybody know what the RRP for these parts are?....

1997 K11E: Front Grille Kit, Front Super S/SR Bumper, Right Wing, Right Headlight Unit

Just incase they decide it's a Write Off

Cheers, Lee

Cheers :)

I declared the value of my car as £1500 so as long as it doesnt cost the insurance company more than this to repair it shouldn't be written off? (it's only cosmetic damage anyway) am I right in thinking this, or just generally being thick :blush:

na that's right. also a right off is where there is iripairable damage like damage to the chassis.

remember the prices are unpainted which costs alittle more and then fitting but i wouldn't have thought it be more than £1500

the bumper is 80 from nissan usparyed with no fogs, they will prob use your old fogs if there ok

Back