Insurance and mods

I'm trying to get a decent quote at the moment.
Slightly concerned about lowering and exhaust mods. I haven't mentioned me doing anything yet.
I'm 48,sons 22 and wife...well I won't say, might get a thick ear. 20+ years driving. Been told I can't use my 10 years no claims.
Cheapest was £170 full comp. For just us two.
£370 with son included.

Going to try my Volvo insurer tonight.

Tried third party fire and theft but Oddly more expensive.

Last edited:
I went with Adrian Flux as they gave me a discount for insuring my spare Micra along side my modded one. Out of all the cars I've ever owned, and I'm 45, I've found the Micra to be the most expensive for what it is.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'm trying to get a decent quote at the moment.
Slightly concerned about lowering and exhaust mods. I haven't mentioned me doing anything yet.
I'm 48,sons 22 and wife...well I won't say, might get a thick ear. 20+ years driving. Been told I can't use my 10 years no claims.
Cheapest was £170 full comp. For just us two.
£370 with son included.

Going to try my Volvo insurer tonight.

Tried third party fire and theft but Oddly more expensive.
Not a bad price there buddy, if it's a second car you cannot use your no claims - con innit.

Sounds like we are all in the same boat cost wise.
Gone with AXA our now multi car policy, full comp, 10 years no claims inc, 15% discount, few extra bits of cover, just me and the wife, a salty £190. Said we can alter the policy and inc our son for a week or something at a cost as if and when needed. Otherwise, because he's not 25 it was £650!!

It's such a con.

Gone with AXA our now multi car policy, full comp, 10 years no claims inc, 15% discount, few extra bits of cover, just me and the wife, a salty £190. Said we can alter the policy and inc our son for a week or something at a cost as if and when needed. Otherwise, because he's not 25 it was £650!!

Agreed. It's such a con.

It's such a con.
LOL ....I'm a healthy £108 fully comp ......but I'm 65 :eek:

Can't believe the pothole tax...£150??

I'm all covered now for Monday morning. Named on my sons insurance till then. Looking at a set of 14" VW Golf wheels weekend. 6jx14 ET45 VW Golf 4x100. No idea what bore they are till I get there. It's not far tho. Reason to drive the green booger out eh.

Can't believe the pothole tax...£150??

I'm all covered now for Monday morning. Named on my sons insurance till then. Looking at a set of 14" VW Golf wheels weekend. 6jx14 ET45 VW Golf 4x100. No idea what bore they are till I get there. It's not far tho. Reason to drive the green booger out eh.
57.1 centre bore I think.....you'll need spigot rings to fit them.

Yep. My son is well trained in the art of wheels and most car things. He drifts BMWs.
Taken a micra engine out and tried his hand at fitting a Primera engine into it...

Attachments

• _20170714_074336.JPG
    _20170714_074336.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 171
Back