Install a count-turn on Nissan Micra...

Greeting to all,
Before beginning reading, I apologize for my English because I am French (I live on the Reunion Island) and because I do not speak too very English...:grinning:

I have just bought a count-turn additional for my car but I do not know how to install it. Problem is that in the provided notice, they explain the installation on motor of ancient generation (with ignition coil), but for my part it is about a motor with electronic management, therefore I do not know how or to connect up the thread which should have left on the ignition coil. If somebody could light me a bit this would be nice. My car is Nissan Micra 1.0i 16V year 2000 (K11). Thank you.:k11yellow

In French: :p
Salut à tous,
je vien d'acheter un compte-tour additionnelle pour ma voiture mais je ne sais pas comment l'installer . Le probléme est que dans la notice fournie, ils expliquent l'installation sur les moteur d'ancienne génération(avec bobine d'allumage), mais pour ma part il s'agit d'un moteur à gestion électronique, donc je ne sais pas ou brancher le fil qui aurait dû partir sur la bobine d'allumage. Si quelqu'un pourrait m'éclairer un peu ça serait gentil. Ma voiture est une Nissan Micra 1.0i 16V année 2000(K11). Merci.

Sorry I can't help, but I did translate your french into English using www.freetranslation.com and this is what happened:

Good day to all, I vien to buy an account tower additional for my car but I do not know how to install it. The probléme is that in the furnished notice, they explain the installation on the motors of former génération(avec spool of ignition), but for my party it is a matter of a motor to electronic management, therefore I do not know or connect the wire that should have left on the ignition spool. If someone could light up me a little that would be kind. My car is a Nissan Micra 1,0 i 16V year 2000(K11). Thank you.

I think Count Turn is a Rev Counter, and the instructions he has are for K10's and he has a K11 with electronic Ignition.. I installed a Rev Counter on a K10 so unfortunatly have no idea about the K11. But im sure there will be someone who can help!!

Attachments

• PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    687.7 KB · Views: 12,646
More simply...

I'm really sorry for my English, I want just knowledge how to install a tachometer(yes is more simple that "count-turn additional") on my car. Thank you...

Think that wiring diagram is useless for his micra, as i think he was trying to explain he doesn't have a ignition coil and a distributor.
Meaning the facelift phase 2, which i owned and connected a tacho to behind the dash but don't remember the colour! lol

Not on a facelift coil pack engine which sounds like this guy has!

You may be right as i have only installed one on the prefacelift. The signal wire MAY be the same colour. However it will be easier to feed the wire from the number one cylinder coil.

You may be right as i have only installed one on the prefacelift. The signal wire MAY be the same colour. However it will be easier to feed the wire from the number one cylinder coil.

no and no.

Theres quite simply the wire that would normaly send the signal to the standard tacho just behind the dash. will dig out the old haynes later on.

i would have thought that the best way to get the tacho signal is from the one that is sent to the guage cluster, but then this wire depends on what car you have.

can we get more details on what car you have? any photos?

I would like to do a similar job on my 2000 Inspiration. What phase is this, will I be able to to a straight swap from the scrappy?

i would have thought that the best way to get the tacho signal is from the one that is sent to the guage cluster, but then this wire depends on what car you have.

can we get more details on what car you have? any photos?

Thats what i mean!

Hi !! (The second french guy in this tread :suspect: )

In the past, I tried too... (K11 from 2001, 1,0l, CVT, no distributor on the right of the engine) ... with pin 19 in the dashboard. (The wire was blue). The rev-cont never bounce :(

So.... I will take pictures of mine, maybe this time will be good !!

Tank your for your help.

Photo :k11motors

MicraDeff.jpg

Back