Inner cv boot is split - and the outer cv is knocking.

Hi,

Just put in a post in the welcome lounge. - I came over and spoke to you guys a few times from the sx club stand.
I now have a 1.3 K11 Micra on a 95 plate.

The mot is looming and i need one thing for it. - The car has a knocking CV ( outer) on full lock and the inner boot next to the gearbox is split.

I feel it would be easier to get a full second hand shaft? - Its the passanger side thats gone on both counts.

Is the shaft different being an 1.3 - its a early non coil pack car with no abs.

Its this a difficult job to do ? - anything i need to be aware of?

And lastly - can you point me in the right direction for the driveshaft or the bits.

Thanks

James

Hi James, if you were to replace the shaft. You'll have to disconnect it from the gearbox and hub. Oil will spill out of gearbox once removed. It will be difficult to remove shaft from hub as its set at a high torque. A big breaker bar will be needed. Try eBay for a 2nd hand one

Awesome thanks frank :)

- As for the driveshaft do they change much ? - notice something about number of teeth - also i seem to only find shafts with ABS rings.

Awesome thanks frank :)

- As for the driveshaft do they change much ? - notice something about number of teeth - also i seem to only find shafts with ABS rings.
the splines on the pre-face 1.0 shafts are smaller than the other k11 shafts too mate (as is the diff spline) but yours will be the same as all the others tho eh. and i think the abs ring just knocks off

Back