inlet manifold

im doing a micra mini engine conversion and have no room for the inlet from the cg13. would a ga or Qg15 manifold fit straight to the block. tia

im doing a micra mini engine conversion and have no room for the inlet from the cg13. would a ga or Qg15 manifold fit straight to the block. tia

Only the CG mani's are a straight swop. Not heard of any of the mini swops having bother with it through. Are you making your own subframe or pre bought?

made a subframe from an old twin bolt i brought cheap. the inner wings are remaining intact so i can bolt the original back in and sell for a nice sum later on :). the only real problem is that damn inlet, another 2" smaller and it would fit straight in. i have contacted a local tig welder to see what he would charge to fab one for me.

Yeah not many use the standard inlet manifold, bigchief used to cut a small section out of the firewall to get it in, but it's not a good manifold design so most use it to make one (me included)

I too am fitting micra engine in a mini. You will get a lot of info from the mini forum.
Fusion Fabs do an inlet for this conversion. I did my own.

Maybe some day. all my spare time is spent on my mini conversion at the moment. Also need more practice on the TIG.
CAD model was useful for dimensions on some of the curved surfaces.

Some more photos. I can't claim the idea for the design as a copied it from a photo I found on the Internet.

I will be asking lots of questions when time comes to get it running as I'm a bit worried the fueling will be too lean.

If I didn't have access to a TIG welder then I would probably have gone for the Fusion Fabs one. I can understand why they charge what they do as there is a lot of time spent on making something like this.

Back