Inlet manifold

micras69

Deactivated Account
As im shure many will know that the standard manifold for the k11 is pritty pants. i personaly feel that more bhp/perfomance can he had from a better desined one so im looking at making my own inlet manifold.

i know that the desine of the manifold and runners is very important in the way the car runs and behaves. i also know that the manifold needs to hold so much air to the cc of the engine.

can anyone work out how much air the standard maniold flows and how much minnimum is needed? and when ive came up with a desine how would i know if it for better or worse and test if there is enough air being flowed?

anouther question is anyone know what would happen if i was to just come up with one that fits and not take in accound of runner lenths ect ect and just bolt it on and go?

frank

Club Member
1.0 and 1.4,s use the same mani so length/volume cant be that important eh, and any 1 into 4 design is a compromise and gains would be small imo

OP
OP
micras69

micras69

Deactivated Account
Shurly there's a lot more to it. the lenth of the runners must make a diff frank? I would of thought short runners would be differant compared to long ones and what about the plenum chamber, same agen small one compared to a long one?
Also what about the taper of the plenum chamber that must come into play no.1 runner is going to get more air than no.4 so it's got to be made with the correct taper so all 4 runners get equal volume of air?

frank

Club Member
even with the more modern design of plenum into 4 banana type still have a 90deg bend tho eh martin, a 1 into 2 into 4 like an exhaust mani would probably flow well (if you could fit it in the engine bay :eek:) but quads are the only way to get decent gains imo.
as for a tuned inlet design, i think it would only work at a very narrow rpm range

i think that design is more important for NA, runner length does make a difference to torque curve (not sure how though).

ronin_kid

61 cubic inches of power
if your handy with a welder you could try knocking together something like this - its a CG flange, GA runners and an SR plenum chamber hybrid from Mulholland

Mulholland CGGASR&#3.jpg

OP
OP
micras69

micras69

Deactivated Account
thats not far off what i had in mind tbh, will the runners be from a GA14/16? and what sr is the plenum chamber from ronin_kid?

ive been looking around and found these style of mani's just not shure what one to go for realy?

Attachments

• plenum chamber 1.jpg
    plenum chamber 1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 270
  • plenum chamber 2.jpg
    plenum chamber 2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 287
  • plenum chamber 3.jpg
    plenum chamber 3.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 281
  • plenum chamber 4.jpg
    plenum chamber 4.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 255
  • plenum chamber 5.jpg
    plenum chamber 5.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 300
  • plenum chamber 6.jpg
    plenum chamber 6.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 301
  • plenum chamber 7.jpg
    plenum chamber 7.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 312

ronin_kid

61 cubic inches of power
couldnt tell you what models the bits came from micra69, the only way i know the combination of parts is the file name mulholland used when they posted that pic up on their website...