Inlet manifold removal K11 1.0

Greetings folks.
At the risk of probably asking yet again a much asked question (probably) - I've googled this and come up with zip so far, so sharing my woe with you guys.

The Problem:

Head Gasket blown

Where I am so far: Inlet manifold removal - can access all but the inner lower two bolts - there is no way any of my sockets or spanners can possibly reach - the injector rail and throttle body are off to reveal two very narrow slots through which I can see the bolt heads in question. So... I am guessing a factory tool or modified socket or ratchet spanner is needed here?

All help assistance and advice very gratefully received.

Rob

to remove the head for replacing the HG, no need to remove the inlet mani.

just remove the exh, cams, unbolt the inlet mani lower brace bracket and remove the head with the inlet mani as one. then you could unbolt it on a bench with better access.

c725uz-225-jpg.33279

pollyp that was my plan - funny what your mind conjures up at 3am - anyhoo, I tried a bog standard 12mm ring spanner in the very limited slots and Presto Hey! It worked. There is something sight unseen wedging the inlet manifold behind that my gorilla hands can't reach but it's away from the head so job done! One thing though - how do you change the oil filter in these things - the filter looks practically unreachable without putting it on a lift being under the inlet and between the bulkhead.

Either way thanks for the replies pics and suggestions - Domo arigatou!

jack the car up on stands, slide under, loosen the filter with filter pliers or tools, put a bucket beside you to catch oil, unscrew the filter off from behind the RH driveshaft and it'll drip down onto the bucket, drain sump.

I always prelube the new filter before fitting.

You can get the filter off with a filter strap and socket drive from the top, put the strap on an wind it up till tight ish and then attach the socket drive ... bit of a faff but doable .... and there`s just enough room to screw on new filter and tighten it by hand ... use a tea towel to give you some grip ..... (not wifes best one) ... they dont have to be that tight anyway :)
You may loose a little skin or come away with a bruise or two lol .. but i ignore those little issues :)

Back