Injectors

drand

1st Micraversary!
GA16 will I think , but stick with what you've got unless you are going after crazy power and /or gong to get it mapped - will mess with your fueling to some extent.

drand

1st Micraversary!
Oh maybe... I could be getting confused! I am planning to go N/A route myself but after doing some research I decided to leave injectors well alone unless and until I got it remapped.

OP
OP
Revmau5
I don't really want to go down. mapping because of the sheer expense of the mappable ecu. I don't think frank did this...he's more of a "hands on" tuner iirc.

frank

Club Member
I don't really want to go down. mapping because of the sheer expense of the mappable ecu. I don't think frank did this...he's more of a "hands on" tuner iirc.
you can get by with a proper rising rate fuel reg and bigger injectors, it fueled my n/a builds and the first 12 months of running the turbo, and the fusion nistune was installed 2 yrs ago to resolve the engine busting sparkmap problems you get when boosting on a stock ecu

OP
OP
Revmau5
you can get by with a proper rising rate fuel reg and bigger injectors, it fueled my n/a builds and the first 12 months of running the turbo, and the fusion nistune was installed 2 yrs ago to resolve the engine busting sparkmap problems you get when boosting on a stock ecu

I don't fancy the hassle of the DIY RRFPR you did! :O Are they off the shelf too? I know zilch about them. What about an adjustable one? I've not experimented as yet!

frank

Club Member
I don't fancy the hassle of the DIY RRFPR you did! :O Are they off the shelf too? I know zilch about them. What about an adjustable one? I've not experimented as yet!
matt (euromicra) had a 6:1 one iirc, sometimes called a fuel management unit (fmu) my generic ebay one was described as a 1.7:1 reg, but proved to be the same 1:1 ratio as the stock one.
mine basically reduced the fuel pressure at low throttle, which reduces the overfueling you get from oversize injectors, then at full throttle/no manifold vacuum, you get the full fuel pressure, but you need suitable intake mods to go with the increased fuel tho

OP
OP
Revmau5
matt (euromicra) had a 6:1 one iirc, sometimes called a fuel management unit (fmu) my generic ebay one was described as a 1.7:1 reg, but proved to be the same 1:1 ratio as the stock one.
mine basically reduced the fuel pressure at low throttle, which reduces the overfueling you get from oversize injectors, then at full throttle/no manifold vacuum, you get the full fuel pressure, but you need suitable intake mods to go with the increased fuel tho

I'm nearly done with my throttle body setup. Just wanted to experiment with test rig before I goes on car, will get an SR20 throttle body handy so I can have a messing around day and try that too. You changed the manifold on yours too, why was that? You any pics of the two?

frank

Club Member
I'm nearly done with my throttle body setup. Just wanted to experiment with test rig before I goes on car, will get an SR20 throttle body handy so I can have a messing around day and try that too. You changed the manifold on yours too, why was that? You any pics of the two?
any pics should be on cisco,s eh, i,ve used coilpack mani,s and early ones over the years, but i cant remember that far back :)

OP
OP
Revmau5
any pics should be on cisco,s eh, i,ve used coilpack mani,s and early ones over the years, but i cant remember that far back :)

Aye I was on last night, it was a bit about a CGA3 manifold vs CG13 one maybe? Don't remember reading why though? I thought I'd read it was QG injectors and i guessed maybe they only fitted the other manifold. Wish I could remember. I need to take notes again haha.

frank

Club Member
you can fit the topfeed injectors to the earlier mani no probs, but you have to remove the idle control valve tho

P7190052.JPG