Injectors for GSX600R Throttle Bodies

Quick question:

As part of their Nissan Micra K11 GSX600R throttle bodies bolt on kit, Danst Engineering sell a set of '4 x Injector Plug Connectors for terminating the injector loom' - this has confused me.

My question is, when fitting my GSX600 bike throttle bodies, I want to use the bike injectors rather than my stock Micra injectors. So, how I do adapt the Micra injector loom to connect to the bike injectors or will the stock Micra injector plug connectors fit directly onto the bike injectors?
Or will I need the injector plug connectors that Danst are selling?

Also second question - can a coilpack 1.0 ECU be remapped into a 1.4 ECU? (I already have my old 1.0 ECU lying about so I could send this off to Tornado systems for remapping rather than having to remove the 1.4 ECU which is already fitted in my car)?

Last edited:

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Wiring unlikely to be the same, but should be easy enough to convert if the GSXR injectors have connectors on them (or you get some).

I wouldn't run the car without some sort of safe map, also unless you are planning of put the MAF somewhere in the airbox (? is this your plan) then it will unlikely run anyway.

Wiring unlikely to be the same, but should be easy enough to convert if the GSXR injectors have connectors on them (or you get some).

I wouldn't run the car without some sort of safe map, also unless you are planning of put the MAF somewhere in the airbox (? is this your plan) then it will unlikely run anyway.

Thanks for the reply - I was getting nervous!

Yes okay that sounds good; I just realised (im a dumbo) that I already have the GSXR plug connectors (they came with the throttle bodies), so its just a case of chopping the old K11 plug connectors off and wiring each pair of wires into each GSXR connectors then right?

And yes I have bought a pipercross PX600 airbox to enclose the bodies and the plan is to mount the MAF in a sensible place on the airbox, perhaps at the entry of the airbox.

And regarding the safe map, the plan is to get the ECU remapped by tornado; I will highlight all my mods to them and hopefully they'll be able to make a custom map accordingly that is safe to run the car.

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Yes you just need to match up the wiring diagrams (Micra to GSXR).

I would still not run without a safe map, as these ITBs are likely (you hope!) to flow a lot more air, which will mean it will be running very lean, which if driven far could ruin the engine.

I edited my original post and added this in:

And regarding the safe map, the plan is to get the ECU remapped by tornado; I will highlight all my mods to them and hopefully they'll be able to make a custom map accordingly that is safe to run the car.

Is this what you mean by a safe map?

Honestly thanks so much for the help.

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
I edited my original post and added this in:

Is this what you mean by a safe map?

Honestly thanks so much for the help.
Yes that is what i mean by a safe map, I guess then you plan to drive it to them to do a 'proper' mapping session on the rollers?

Can't answer your second question as I don't know much about the coil pack ECU's, but I imagine they can.

Yes that is what i mean by a safe map, I guess then you plan to drive it to them to do a 'proper' mapping session on the rollers?

Can't answer your second question as I don't know much about the coil pack ECU's, but I imagine they can.

Well they are 2 hours, 115 miles away from me so the engine could get damaged from running lean as you say.

I was actually hoping to be able to explain all my mods to them over the phone and then post the ECU to them (as their website mentions they can do ECU remapping via post to avoid far away driving). But Im unsure how effective their map would be, considering they wont have the car with them in person.

Its obvious a realtime roller session would enable them to make a much better map for me, so its a bit of a sticky situation :/

Last edited:
Have it towed there? You'd be looking at 300-400 though

If you could rent a truck and drive it there on that you'd save some money

It did cross my mind but even with renting a truck, it was too much of an expensive option.

But after talking to Tornado, they’ve said they can produce a decent map for me via post provided I give them as much info about all the mods I have done, right down to the little details like diameter of Inlet pipe and height of the airbox.

frank

Club Member
i ran ed,s (fusion) safe map on my CG + t for a couple of years, yours will be running closed loop anyway unless you rag it there

i ran ed,s (fusion) safe map on my CG + t for a couple of years, yours will be running closed loop anyway unless you rag it there

So are you saying that that the ECU will be using its own safe map anyway? (because it doesn't know whats going on since all the sensors (maf, lambdas) will be given readings way out of range)

Rather than starting a new thread:

The bike bodies came with 2 TPS sensors. I've removed the upper throttle plates and so don't need the upper TPS.

The lower TPS has three wires coming out of it (+ve, -ve, sensor wire?), is it a case of just connecting these three wires up to the three wires already in my car for the stock TPS i.e just matching the wiring diagrams?

Or will my car's ECU not understand the outputs from the bike TPS?

frank

Club Member
usually 0 to 5v, so about .5v at idle and 4.5v at wot, my bike is the same
and when i tried my bike with the secondary throttles removed, the drivability was,nt very nice

usually 0 to 5v, so about .5v at idle and 4.5v at wot, my bike is the same
and when i tried my bike with the secondary throttles removed, the drivability was,nt very nice

Ah damn! I have already removed all the stuff for the upper throttle plates!

I don't actually know the reason why people remove the upper throttle plates, but just followed suit from this post:

Last edited:
I have just read this for the first time:

My airbox will have a 100mm inlet pipe. Have I gone over the top with this? (I don't want the airflow to be too slow). I can easily exchange the airbox from Demon Tweeks for the 75mm version, so its not a big concern but I would want to know which is more ideal.

Final question, Mark suggested that it would be ideal if I used a bigger MAF, he recommended the Almera MAF and I think he said its a plug and play into the Micra MAF connector plug (but obviously the wires from the K11 loom would need extending to reach the new position for the MAF. He said the wires are actually long enough but will just need to be pulled out separately from the taped loom). However, I forgot to ask him which Almera model though (maybe GA16 or SR20?)

Last edited:
Hi,

Just wondering, I am using K12 injectors on the stock K11 fuel rail for the bike throttle body setup.

Can I just leave the bike fuel rail and bike injectors alone in position even though I won't be using them?
as then I don't have to bother plugging the injector holes in the bodies, and also I have the choice to quickly move over to the bike injectors in the future if I ever wanted to? (bar a remap to run the bike injectors obvs)

So the plan is to send the ecu for a safe map then drive to them with it for a roller tuning or how you say in English?

That was the initial plan.

Now I am sending the ECU to them and they are putting a good performance map on there and then sending it back to me. This is mainly due to the fact they I have sent them lots of info on all aspects of the modifications and so they can make a pretty accurate map for me without having the car on the rollers, plus mark has worked with many micra engines before!

I won’t be driving there at all.

Interesting Ithisham. I want a customized ecu someday. Not sure on which of my two engines though. I look for a fully customizable solution for my own person but if that is not doable for me or it is too costly to justify to myself I'll look for a ecu mod or different ecu then Nistune. I'm pretty sure you will be happy with this modification, I suppose they will program it safe and probably not over do it since they have the experience.

Bump:

Hi,

Just wondering, I am using K12 injectors on the stock K11 fuel rail for the bike throttle body setup.

Can I just leave the bike fuel rail and bike injectors alone in position even though I won't be using them?
as then I don't have to bother plugging the injector holes in the bodies?