Injector upgrade

What's the best injector upgrade anyone's tried? I have a large flatspot in third so think its running lean so want to increase the fuel to air mix. Looking into what injectors to run alongside an afpr!
Thanks
Motty

just to make sure is yours a facelift? and the fuel rail doesn't fit but the injectors swap into the standard micra rail, and yeah i noticed a difference :)

Yo Motty :)

If I got super s or sr then I will put ga15 airbox, ga15 injectors and ga15 throttle body. You will gain more performance. My mate who got Nissan primera ga16 so I am waiting for him to give his car to me hopefully.

Biggest injectors you can get is... 370cc injectors with custom fuel rail irrc. It's only for turbo Micras irrc

I have the ga16 airbox, but the injectors and tb Are mega hard to get hold of and really expensive as you have to import them...iirc Chris just sold one?!

mottymicra said:
I have the ga16 airbox, but the injectors and tb Are mega hard to get hold of and really expensive as you have to import them...iirc Chris just sold one?!

Yea, Chris sold his ga15 throttle body. There was ga15 injectors and ga15 throttle body on the eBay before. I missed it cos it was gone before.

Yea you can add ga15 parts on Micras cos they are directly fit irrc. I don't think ga16 injectors and tb won't fit on any Micras. All I know is ga15 parts only :)

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Why on earth do you want to change injectors??

Stock ones can go to 110hp. There is ONLY one reason to EVER change injectors and that's for a turbo. For EVERY single other purpose the stock injectors are capable of doing the job.

This is a pet hate of mine. If you have a flat spot then the car needs setting up properly. Simply increasing fuel across every load point of the entire fuel map is NOT the way to do it.

Along with this is also changing throttle bodies - just cause they fit physically doesn't mean its a good idea.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Franks car does not run stock ecu. You cannot just change injectors and expect stuff to work properly. Save some cash and get the car setup the right way :)

frank

Club Member
Awesome! Much ghetto modification required to do that?
i cut the mount off a mani, and had it welded on top motty, else the rail hits the idle control valve
and Ed has a point, mine overfueled bad @ low throttle and during starting with GA16 ones in, you need the extra fuel only on certain throttle positions (probably topend) :)

Franks car does not run stock ecu. You cannot just change injectors and expect stuff to work properly. Save some cash and get the car setup the right way :)

I was just trying to get all the parts together for when I do eventually get it remapped so its got a better shot first time around...if that's a stupid idea let me know I'm all ears and here to learn...

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
thats fine, but even then if you dont have a turbo you dont need them :) stock fuel system on the K11 is fine for all but the most crazy na mods or turbo upgrade :)