Injector advice ?

Hi Iv got a 1999 1.0 micra and I'm after some advice on what injectors are best to get a few more bhp out the engine. The car has a straight through exhaust on and a forced induction kit already.

My thinking is up some bigger injectors in with a fuel regulator ?

Thanks in advance

Yeah, that's not how you increase horsepower.

The ECU controls fueling from a 16x16 matrix. This matrix is specifically designed for use with your current injectors. If you were to switch out your injectors for bigger ones, you'd get a multitude of problems.

-Harder to start, due to fouling the sparkplugs with excessive fuel
-Excess fuel consumption
-Too rich in every load cell. It will idle high, it will sputter on acceleration. At best, the closed loop controls of the ECU might pull some fuel.
-Check engine light. When closed loop control (lambda-sensor) exceeds a certain % of fuel pulled, it will trigger a check engine light.

All in all, a bad situation.

If you want to squeeze out more horsepower from your engine, first, get a wideband sensor. After that, get a Nistune board, and start tuning your engine. This is going to cost money, but it's the best bang/buck solution. This scares alot of people on the forums, but it is the right way to do it. The learning curve is steep, but the reward at the top is worth it.

Peak duty cycle on a set of standard injectors will be 49-50% in standard form on a CG10DE.

Fuel wont be a problem...

I'm looking for a wideband lamba sensor for my turbo micra project just wondering if anyone cud guide me as to where I cud get one or cud I use one from another car maybe???

I'm looking for a wideband lamba sensor for my turbo micra project just wondering if anyone cud guide me as to where I cud get one or cud I use one from another car maybe???

I use an Innovate LC-1 wideband kit with a digital programmable XD16 gauge.

22-jpg.44745

https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-15#post-437898

the controller has analog & digital outputs for ECU, laptop log, analog gauges and digital gauges.
the xd16 digi gauge is fully adjustable and can be daisy chained for other inputs (temps, boost etc)

Wideband is definately a component that you don't want to skimp on.

Initial cost can be high, but controller lifespan is extremely high these days. Sensors are cheap, since the market is flooded with LSU 4.2 and OEMs are now switching up to LSU 4.9 sensors. Innovate widebands can often use both of these sensors, the MTX-L atleast handles both. One sensor costs less than 30£!

In my turbo SR20VET, I run an Innovate MTX-L+LSU4.9. It cost me 145£ about 3 years ago. I am utilising the analogue outputs fully, AO1(narrowband simulation 0-XV) is directly connected to the stock wiring, and you could even run a stock car with this setup. AO2(wideband 0-5V) is also connected to my ECU, and the ECU runs closed loop fuel control, with dynamic targets (13.0 during mild throttle, 15.0 for cruise etc.) The voltages on Innovate controllers are fully programmable.

I would dare say it's the most important component in my car... Just listen to me rambling about it :p I need to stop now :)

Back