Info, opinions general help needed

Bence_Fs

Wha Tank
Hi, well this is my first post. its amazing to see so much of the k11 micra's modded to the point of what you guys do.

anyway...

I have a 1.0L k11 and in a week or so im gonna have a spare 5 or 600 pound to play with :laugh:

just looking for info or advice on how to get more power out my micra.

ive been looking through lots of other posts and the most obvious things to do seem to be fitting an inuction kit and installing a cat-back system.

ive had a look at the FSE power boost valves which apparently give more power at the top end of the rev's. has anyone encountered any problems with this?

also ive seen cheap resistors on ebay and other sites which apparently give the car a bit more gain but can also make the car run lean?

just any help atall with buying stuff within my budget to get as much power as possible out the micra is what im after

or, what would you guys do with 600 quid in your pocket lol?

thankyou for your help,

J

jambaps ca18det

Bence_Fs said:
Hi, well this is my first post. its amazing to see so much of the k11 micra's modded to the point of what you guys do.

anyway...

I have a 1.0L k11 and in a week or so im gonna have a spare 5 or 600 pound to play with :laugh:

just looking for info or advice on how to get more power out my micra.

ive been looking through lots of other posts and the most obvious things to do seem to be fitting an inuction kit and installing a cat-back system.

ive had a look at the FSE power boost valves which apparently give more power at the top end of the rev's. has anyone encountered any problems with this?

also ive seen cheap resistors on ebay and other sites which apparently give the car a bit more gain but can also make the car run lean?

just any help atall with buying stuff within my budget to get as much power as possible out the micra is what im after

or, what would you guys do with 600 quid in your pocket lol?

thankyou for your help,

i wouldnt bother with the ebay risisters all it does is trick the car into thinking its running cold start . but will eventuall kill the engine

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Bence_Fs said:
what would you guys do with 600 quid in your pocket lol?
i'd either sell the car and buy a 1.3 or do an engine transplant, janspeed manifold and catback exhaust, that'd nearly double the standard power of your 1.0.

Layla

Deactivated Account
and if you can get it done for £600 you're a lucky man :p

but yeah, its worth looking into selling your 1lt and putting the money towards a 1.3 SR, Si or GX.

or give it to me ;)

k11stew

Ex. Club Member
buy all the 1.3 bits from a scrappy for £100-150, janspeed manifold £180, catback exhaust £180, induction kit £40.

weekends graft and youll have nigh on 100bhp, is that about right friends!?

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
k11stew said:
buy all the 1.3 bits from a scrappy for £100-150, janspeed manifold £180, catback exhaust £180, induction kit £40.

weekends graft and youll have nigh on 100bhp, is that about right friends!?
sounds about right to me

OP
OP
Bence_Fs

Bence_Fs

Wha Tank
what is meant by 1.3 bits?

for insurance purposes a 1.3 is out the question for now. definitely in the pipeline for the future tho

thanks to everyone who's replyed, much appreciated

tommo

Ex. Club Member
in that case, buy a janspeed manifold, de cat and back box, K & N panel filter and then scour ebay for a cheap set of wheels :D

that would be my option.....

OP
OP
Bence_Fs

Bence_Fs

Wha Tank
tommo said:
in that case, buy a janspeed manifold, de cat and back box, K & N panel filter and then scour ebay for a cheap set of wheels :D

that would be my option.....

looks like this is gonna have to do for now, different story when i hit 21 and the insurence drops:laugh:

thanks to everyone who got back to me

tommo

Ex. Club Member
thing is that if your plannin on gettin a 1.3 in the future, it all swaps over! and if you dont buy a 1.3 youll sell the bits 2nd hand on here easy....

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
also look into using the cams from a 1.3 with the exhaust you should nearly have the bhp of a standard 1.3.

iirc this will see you 73bhp on the 1.0 ltr (1,3 is 75bhp)

:)

Craig_87

Sideways-Only Way Forward
sorry if i offend anyone here, but all i ever see as an answer to this sort of question is "sell the car and get a 1.3". now, may sound good in practice, yeah more power will be gained, but there has got to be an easier way, ie, one that wont affect insurance too much......

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
If your wanting the car faster it is probably the easiest way rather than either putting an exhaust and cams on a 1L to get a similar performance as a 1.3 or transplanting a 1.3 into a 1L shell. Easier to tell the insurance too as the car isn't "modified" if you just buy a 1.3

OP
OP
Bence_Fs

Bence_Fs

Wha Tank
Dr Zoidberg said:
also look into using the cams from a 1.3 with the exhaust you should nearly have the bhp of a standard 1.3.

iirc this will see you 73bhp on the 1.0 ltr (1,3 is 75bhp)

:)

never thought about replacing the cams. thanks for that zoidberg

just read the story about the meet you guys last had in lanarkshire was it? sounds like great fun. some funny storys aswell lol

ill be ordering all the parts in 3 days so ill post some pictures of everything when i get it all fitted and stuff

take care guys and thanks for the help,

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Bence_Fs said:
just read the story about the meet you guys last had in lanarkshire was it? sounds like great fun. some funny storys aswell lol

Off topic but yeh it was good. Where abouts are you from? We might be having a wee mini-meet in East Kilbride for the EK cruise on Thursday night.

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
tommo said:
craigs 1.0 had a bit more than exhaust and cams didnt it

i think it was remapped to.

bence_fs you should really get a piggy back ecu or a remapped standard one if you went with the 1.3 cams. it will make the car more drivable and perform better.

unfortunatly the remap can cost up to £500 depending where you go. i'm not sure if a standard 1.3 ecu/map would work with this set up, anyone?

OP
OP
Bence_Fs

Bence_Fs

Wha Tank
scottish-sr said:
Off topic but yeh it was good. Where abouts are you from? We might be having a wee mini-meet in East Kilbride for the EK cruise on Thursday night.

Im from fife, would have been cool to come n meet some of you guys and see the cars but im playing in edinburgh thursday :(

p.s would a standard ecu of a 1.3 work? has anyone ever tried this?

once again, just want to say thanks to everyone for all the help

masterbiker

Ex. Club Member
Why has no one suggested the cheapst mod? It will make your 1L faster, though wont make the engine more powerful....

Yes you guessed it....

Take some weight out of it! The only thing that costs is time and thinking about where to put the back seats and interior once they are out.

OP
OP
Bence_Fs

Bence_Fs

Wha Tank
masterbiker said:
Why has no one suggested the cheapst mod? It will make your 1L faster, though wont make the engine more powerful....

Yes you guessed it....

Take some weight out of it! The only thing that costs is time and thinking about where to put the back seats and interior once they are out.

ive considered taking the rear seats out aswell to lighten it a bit more but... Im in a band and we travel usually a few times a week so until one of the other guys get their finger out and pass their test driving is left up to me

sorry if this is too personal a quesion for some of you but to those who transplanted a 1.3 engine, how much did the insurance go up?