info on T25 turbo for 300zx

Antony

Ex. Club Member
right guys, ever since i baught my micra some 5 years ago now i ahd been wanting to turbo it. in fact i came extremely close when i had two full hks kits in my possesion. all i have now is a t25 from a 300zx and an intercooler from a skyline.. (Davey_c's old one)

i have been looking at the specs of this turbo (typing part numbers in and stuff) and it came up with the Z32 twin turbo 300zx.

now this can runs at about 9.5psi stock but has a safety mode in the ecu that shuts it down to 5psi. now what i was thinking is that the ecu has an electronic boost controller in it and the actuator is actualy a 5psi one (as you can go lower than the base pressure of the actuator spring)

so my question is this....

does anyone know for sure if this is the case and its 5psi? if so. im gonna bung it on the old girl and give her a whole new hair do!!

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
just found out is actualy a t25 from a nissan bluebird CA18ET running .48 compressor housing and standard boost of between .3 and .48bar (or arround 7-8 psi) (Y) perfic

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
will do dude. it will be a crappy looking car though, im not even going to bother washing it..lol. been sat in my garden on axle stands for 18months and has got no window seal on the drivers door (where i had to break in) and no spoiler...... no seal on the rear window boot lid....... dented bodywork where somone from next door was throwing bricks into our yard, and the engine bay is covered in cobwebs..... but it will live again!!!! :p:p:p

just found out is actualy a t25 from a nissan bluebird CA18ET running .48 compressor housing and standard boost of between .3 and .48bar (or arround 7-8 psi) (Y) perfic

Quite high if your not looking to get it mapped, you might get away with upping fuel pressure a bit:) but you would be running a bit rich low down. Maybe a 5th objectors to come on with boost?

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
yeah thats what i was thinking before i got the mr2. but what i wanna do now is just unplug the lambda sensor and run it till it breaks..lol
maybe even fit two headgaskets.... :p(Y)

Stani1029

Club Member
Do it ant! You wont regret it lol and 7-8 psi is bog all, i run 14 before and the only problem was the lag, if you dont hold the car at constant high revs you should be fine with a FPR

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
cool, i still have the fse power boost valve that was on davey c's car. might fit that too...
im even considering fitting the stock exhaust on too... you know... for that "im still running standard" look. (allthough i do have all the bits i need to make a side exit from the front bumper..) (Y)(Y)(Y)

Scott

My name is Scott
Site Supporter
Do a side exit out the side of the bumper and just leave a standard tailpipe out the back of the car... sleeper ftw!

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
lol, thats what i was thinking...
the thing is i would have to fit the cat right after the downpipe....hmm.... :laugh:

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
lol, its ok. i just have to modify my manifold....... weld on a t25 flange.... bolt the 'BO on and fabricate a downpipe...... the connect the cat and fit the rear box...... out of the bumper hahaha
mm
got me thinking now..

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
poo. just checked with my dad on this one.... you can have a side exit as long as its behind the front wheels (so out of the front bumper is a no-no.) :down::down: