Induction Options

Hi

I am now beginning to like my K11 1.0 Micra after a couple of weeks of driving, it even did an indicated 100mph ( on a private runway) but I am now seriously looking at tweeking it.

The standard Airbox is tiny, I dont think I could another a cold air into it as there is no room. What is the best solution for induction without using an induction kit? Is there another airbox that will fit from another nissan or something??

Also, are there any guides out there for the fitting of a 1.3 cam into the 1.0.

Thanks

Hello, hope you dont mind me asking, but are you only keeping the k11 as it does 100mph?

there are many ways regarding relocating a performance airfilter!!!!
you can:
upgarde to a 1.6 airbox
sit it right on top of throttle body but a cold air feed is a must.
90 degree bend and straight pipe and move it behind the drivers headlight or acroos engine bay to battery!

a couple of people have added 1.3 cams, but not sure a guide is done, maybe wrong!
naps

I don't recall seeing a guide for the cams either..

As for induction, i think it's been found that an aftermarket filter in the original airbox gives the best gains, especially when the original resonator pipe is replaced with a cold air feed..

sri5

swopping the cams is very straight forward if you can get someone to hold the top sprocket and chain away while you lift the cam out, first one cam, bolt it up, then the other (all at tdc, the 2nd mark on the left on the crank pulley)
i always take the flat plate on the end of the head as well (for access to the tensioner)
there are,nt any timing marks as such (but a new chain has some coloured links)
the cams are well worth changing because the 1.0,s are very tame
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f47/TomEA/PICT0027.jpg

Hello, hope you dont mind me asking, but are you only keeping the k11 as it does 100mph?
naps

Nah, not keeping it just cos it does 100mph!! I was making the point that it has a lot more grunt than I thought!

Where would I get a 1.6 airbox from? Would any nissan 1.6 airbox fit?

Also how about if I replaced the whole pipe that nissan supply with a large cold air feed cos this pipe only starts behind the passeneger headlight, where there is surely not much decent cold air.

Thanks for the info on the cams, I forgot it was a chain and not a belt. Do you have any pictures with the rocker cover off?

sri5

i use the stock airbox with a straight ally pipe (5mm bigger than the plastic pipe) that goes past the battery and thro the flitch into the wing
because the induction roar from my drainpipe and cone filter was too loud with the piper cams in

scrap yard is your best bet for a bigger airbox! thats if you want to got that route, rather than a performacne airfilter?
naps

Hi,

If you send me your email address to [email protected] I will send you some pictures of induction kits and a 1.6 air box fitted to a Micra. The main problem with the 1.6 Air box is it gets in the way of the carbon canister. This can be removed to get around this problem.

matt

hi all

Just come across this topic, and i have got a 1.6 Sunny SR airbox in my 1.3micra, its large and i am having trouble fitting with that carbon canister in the way.

mph - you say you can remove it? please share info thnx boss

hi all

Just come across this topic, and i have got a 1.6 Sunny SR airbox in my 1.3micra, its large and i am having trouble fitting with that carbon canister in the way.

mph - you say you can remove it? please share info thnx boss

i removed the canister as i have the 1.6 airbox fitted! the brace that its attached to......cant remember what i did so......unlip / unscrew / unbolt the canister and then remove its supporting brace! there is enough extra piping to have it sat nicely behind the battery :)
hope this helps

Thanks Napster

Ill have a look at it in the weekend, (I have been driving at least 6 months with the airbox being wonky) maybe that why my mpg is not very good nowadays lol oh well! im still a learner in the engine bay area.

Back