Induction kit K11 2002 Micra.

As you're all aware I am a complete novice, I have heard about fitting one of these. replacing the original intake box.

What is the benefit of this and is this simple to do? Also is there a particular one people on here would recommend?

Many thanks.

Lee

You mean like the DIY kits? You're basically just replacing the box with a pipe. On these cars the benefit is pretty much just a sound change, I doubt you'd see a noticeable difference even with a shielded high flow intake.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I think they are the DIY ones. The ones I have seen on eBay come as a kit that you just swap out for the original filter box.
Around a ton in price.

What about those tuning chip things? I just want a little extra umph.

You mean like the DIY kits? You're basically just replacing the box with a pipe. On these cars the benefit is pretty much just a sound change, I doubt you'd see a noticeable difference even with a shielded high flow intake.

Most of the kits you see for sale run behind the battery where there is absolutely no airflow.
I made one myself and ran it the opposite way of everyone else to behind the drivers side headlight where there is slightly colder air, it would be even better if you made a cold air feed to go with it.
Here's a video i made of me fitting it, cost me about £40 all together

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universa...3d7c822bac:g:tfEAAOSwfhlcDiz0&redirect=mobile
IMG_20190312_144230_hdr.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I think they are the DIY ones. The ones I have seen on eBay come as a kit that you just swap out for the original filter box.
Around a ton in price.

What about those tuning chip things? I just want a little extra umph.
Don’t get an ebay tuning chip! they do nothing! get your ECU flashed

Most of the kits you see for sale run behind the battery where there is absolutely no airflow.
I made one myself and ran it the opposite way of everyone else to behind the drivers side headlight where there is slightly colder air, it would be even better if you made a cold air feed to go with it.
Here's a video i made of me fitting it, cost me about £40 all together

Thanks mate watching this now!!

And I am loving the blower now it's working properly!!

Wow, is everything you need included in that kit on eBay?

Just a thought from what Ash said, could this be turned around so it's not running behind the battery? Just thinking if there's not much airflow there if I can switch this to the drivers side, I might just grab this.
Wow, is everything you need included in that kit on eBay?

Just a thought from what Ash said, could this be turned around so it's not running behind the battery? Just thinking if there's not much airflow there if I can switch this to the drivers side, I might just grab this.
It's seems to get a decent flow around there, ,may notice how dirty k11 engine bays gets they do get good flow around ,
And to get the clamps right took some trial and error , but only thing I needed to work was the rubber flange off the airbox that sits o. The tb, and cut abit of a angle one the tube to get a better angle

I tried it on my 1.3 comparing it to a primera airbox, and well little more top end and sound , generally it was the same as the primera , which is a decent upgrade over stock which kinda does feel restricting

It's seems to get a decent flow around there, ,may notice how dirty k11 engine bays gets they do get good flow around ,
And to get the clamps right took some trial and error , but only thing I needed to work was the rubber flange off the airbox that sits o. The tb, and cut abit of a angle one the tube to get a better angle

I tried it on my 1.3 comparing it to a primera airbox, and well little more top end and sound , generally it was the same as the primera , which is a decent upgrade over stock which kinda does feel restricting

Brilliant. I love the extra sound these kits give. I am not expecting an increase in actual BHP having had some replies here and read up a little, I am also looking into having he ECU flashed.

Thanks for your reply.

wouldnt reccomend that one, not much airflow behind the battery
Well it's how a lot of induction kits are, and for pas fitted micra s your very limited with out going for a rally style,
Plus it's sorta following the original flow of the stock airbox, and after a few runs and town driving the temps around the filter seemed fine, (not been scientific but observing) even no problem after letting the car beat soak abit
And the car and and pulled well, even at lower rpm under load ,
Noise wise isn't in your face like a hot air intake filter on the tb but is quiet till decent throttle or rpm,