Induction kit Change

Titch

Micra K11ng
Well i've been out in the cold and rain for about an hour now, changing my induction kit. Staying with the good old K&N, but have decided to move it off the Throttle Body, and move it over behind the battery. Will post pics up when i'm back home, and warmed up.
Such a better noise from it now though, specialy in second at 45!
Titch :kungfu:
Photos to follow.

OP
OP
Titch

Titch

Micra K11ng
Right, heres how it used to look

30ta.jpg

And now,

24na.jpg

47iu.jpg

16rj.jpg

Quite happy with the results.

OP
OP
Titch

Titch

Micra K11ng
It's foil ducting. You get it out of Halfrauds and stuff. About a tenner. But its a bitch to get on the end of the filter. Since i've got the boost valve to, it was easy to hang the kit round the back of it.

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Might be worth getting some nice chrome piping and a samco bend in the future mate as I'm aware that the foil stuff is easily damaged and wont be that smooth on the insides to help airflow get to the TB...

JayY

Owner of The Black Beauty
Be careful. like SR Boy said, that stuff is weak, also not smooth on inside. Plus it get heated aswell. If you cant afford the samco things, use drain pipe. I personally wouldn't use the foil, its far too weak and your could be messing up your TB if it splits

OP
OP
Titch

Titch

Micra K11ng
Was wondering about the foil. Where is best to get the samco hosing? Gettin rocker cover painted, and also a yellow top battery to brighten up engine bay. So it will be looking a bit better soon. Also, other sub came today, so will be doing boot over weekend i think. Then new wheels on, coilovers on sunday, then side skirts. ah - so busy!

Lou

Ex. Club Member
im runnin a samco and ally pipe to the same position! looks and sounds much better! know someone who can poss get another for bout 55 quid?

K

kneival

im probably selling mine from my car... Its the same as the one lou has but its used, its in great nick however...

probably want £40 inc shipping...

pm me (if you can) for pics

OP
OP
Titch

Titch

Micra K11ng
Will have a look into it. But at the moment i think its okay. Once i've got my battery in and stuff, all will be gravy.

K

K11_Dave

Try these guys - got mine all in from there Just under £40, but not sure about postage, because I bought it directly from there. If you phone, ask for Kash.

osaka autodesign

826 newport road
cardiff
uk
cf3 4lh

t +44(0)29 20793999
f +44(0)29 20793995
e [email protected]
w www.osaka-autodesign.com

brace1.jpg

They can help with most Micra parts, will import if they don't have it in stock