Indicators and Hazards

Hi,

I've got a V Reg Nissan Micra.

The rear left indicator bulb blew last week so I changed that and it worked OK.

Tonight the indicators have started acted strangely and now have stopped working completely. They had been working on and off (excuse the pun!) for a few seconds tonight but now won't come on. This applies to the Hazards also.

When I turn the Hazards on I hear a small click in the dashboard but nothing else.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

it could be the hazard switch mate, as the indicators do not work if it is unplugged so that could be affecting it.

I've removed the panel by my right knee and revealed (what I presume is the) fuse box?!

Is that switch in here? Is it the same as the Relay as I've read it could be that?

Thanks.

Also - randomly - they seem to be working now - after the car has been left to cool down for an hour or so.

This happened earlier - they were ok when I started driving but gave up 5 or so minutes into the journey.

Don't know if this helps?!

I've removed the panel by my right knee and revealed (what I presume is the) fuse box?!

Is that switch in here? Is it the same as the Relay as I've read it could be that?

Thanks.

Also - randomly - they seem to be working now - after the car has been left to cool down for an hour or so.

This happened earlier - they were ok when I started driving but gave up 5 or so minutes into the journey.

Don't know if this helps?!

Nah i meant the switch you press to switch on the hazards. Not sure though, just a thought.

OK - it's definitely the indicator relay. Does anyone know how to get the thing out?!? It seems to be connected to a piece of metal to the left of the fuse box.

Back