Indicator housing "conversion"

The other day I wanted to change the indicators lens color from orange to clear on my 2005 k12.
They looked the same, the bolt holes seemed to be at the same place, and the website said that it was for 2003-2006 micras. So I ordered two clear ones.
:( Sadly I had to realise that these would not fit my car, due to the difference of the indentation on the lens ( + the clear one is a bit smaller than the orange one). You can see that the orange one has its middle out, the clear has it middle dented in.
I will mail these ones back to the company I ordered from. But I don't want to give up on this project, I really like the way these 3 striped clear indicators would look. If you guys know something that has the shape of the orange one, but is still clear ,hit me up where can I buy it. ;)

Photos:
20161211_161102.jpg

https://s24.postimg.org/if9zizghh/20161211_161102.jpg
20161211_161245.jpg

https://s24.postimg.org/mpt8sbayd/20161211_161245.jpg

How I want my indicators to look: (just random picture from the interwebs :cool:)
9787199_1.jpg

https://s23.postimg.org/i33rru0ij/9787199_1.jpg

Do the earlier (2003-2005) 'three bar indicator' grills fit, as direct replacement, in the later, (late 2005-2008) facelift bumper, to replace the two bar indicator with the longer chrome strip?

Mika the Finn.... hmmm interesting I have seen that name somewhere:confused: but where??... oh now I know!! In my "Ideas for micra indicators" folder:p;)
IMG_0202_zps7agm4smv.jpg

Good job buddy with this conversion! This looks pretty neat, and for the unlearnt eyes it could look stock too!
I will most definiately consider doing this!

John:
Who am I to ask "Will it fit?" I'm the one who messed up :D
grilleholsterpoints2.jpg
grilleholsterpoints.jpg

(The 1st and the 2nd bumper comes with the 2stripe indicator, and the 3rd bumper comes with the orange 3striped one)
It looks like every bumper has the same "three step" for the clips on the grille:),
sadly the third one seems to have a different angle on the outer side of the grille:(.
Again who am I to ask?:p maybe the image is crooked, or IDK

the only thing I know that mine was held in
1. by two "plastic screw clips" on the top,
2. and three "slide-out clips" on the bottom.
I hope this helped :)

Thanks both, looks promising, rather fancy the three stripe indicators on my 2005 Sport Plus, but only if I can source some plain lens lamps for them...............

Well I've got a pair of 2003 grills, complete with orange indicators on the way (very cheap £15 the pair :cool:)
vrdZ3GC.jpg

and if 'Carparts4less' have got it right I have got a pair of clear 2003 indicators on the way as well.............

Last edited:
'CarParts4Less' did get it right :) A new pair of the correct clear, raised centre bar, indicator lamps just arrived by DHL at the inclusive price of £16.06 the pair inclusive of delivery charge :cool:
RH one and LH one . click on the links. Using their XMAS 12 discount code at checkout drops the price to £8.03 each:cool:
The grills arrived as well and are in perfect condition, I have fitted the new clear indicator lamps into them and swapped them over on the car. As the car needs a damned good clean, due to a trip to Norfolk earlier in the week I've not posted any picture yet, but will do later on. Now have a spare set of the post 2005 facelift grills, complete with clear lamps and also a pair of pre face lift orange lamps.........
Now need to get a pair of the 'chrome' orange 582 offset pin bulbs to fit in the original lamp holders as you can see the original orange bulb through the clear centre lens and I'm not fond of the 'fried egg' effect.:(

Last edited:
Very nice Mika, now all you need to do is change the grills/lamps to the 'three bar' ones;).

I picked up a pair of these yesterday (40% online Christmas discount from Eurocarparts :cool:) and fitted them straight away.

FtX7cTO.jpg

The 'fried egg' effect is no more!
I have now decided that to complete the look the Nissan bonnet badge needs to be black.............
Another picture when that has been done.;)

Last edited:
Very nice :cool:. It's all about having something subtly different from the norm isn't it ;)
That's what I loved about the 12,I've had mine for about 8 years and stood through all the "that's not a Micra" b.s Now they are becoming more accepted in the Micra world lol Am currently on the look out to upgrade me front bumper to the SR/sport+/ntec one. Have you lowered or done any mods yet?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

That's what I loved about the 12,I've had mine for about 8 years and stood through all the "that's not a Micra" b.s Now they are becoming more accepted in the Micra world lol Am currently on the look out to upgrade me front bumper to the SR/sport+/ntec one. Have you lowered or done any mods yet?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Micra Sports Club mobile app
Well Chris, the K12 Sport+ is a second car/runabout, my main car is this:-

rR9di0x.jpg

The 'mods' that I have done so far to the Micra are limited to changing the front grills and fitting the clear lenses as shown above in this thread (I have since obtained a spare front Nissan badge, which has magically turned black, and will be fitted in due course), acquiring and fitting a matching 16" alloy as a spare to get rid of the awful space saver as detailed HERE and replacing the terrible white 'Belling Cooker' heater knobs with a set of black ones as mentioned HERE .
I did attempt to increase the rear track with a set of 16mm co-centric wheel spacers, but found that the 60.1mm location spigot on the rear drums stuck out too far and the spacers would not go on far enough to seat on the drum face.:mad:
20mm ones will work but not sure about the extra loading on the rear wheel bearings, which I had to replace when I bought the car:confused:.
I would like to see the car sitting a little lower but unless a set of 30mm lowering springs turn up for silly cheap money this is unlikely to happen in the near future.
edit:- Forgot to add that the car now has a 'Nismo' aluminium billet oil filler cap, and a K&N panel air filter. ;)
I am probably one of the oldest contributors on here, being 70 next birthday, but still very much a petrol head.
I am a retired mechanical design engineer and prior to retirement my last company car was a Seat Leon Cupra R, which was serious fun to drive :cool:
I have been driving for over 50 years and covered in excess of 3/4 million miles in that time and fondly remember when I could buy 4 gallons of 101 octane 5* petrol for my highly tuned 850 Mini and get change out of £1 (the equivalent of 5.45p a litre in today's money!)

Last edited:
Back