Indicator / Hazard Light

Hello everyone,

Forum newbie here. I just purchased a 2003 K12 1.0 for my Daughters first car, it has some issues which I knew going into it, and I'm looking for any help or advice anyone can offer.

The car has the dreaded 'left turn signal not working' fault on the dash. I was reading through the MOT regs, and as far as I understand it, it can pass as long as there's an audible for the left turn signal, but it has to have a separate indication that the hazards are on? Which if the hazard switch isn't flashing and the left turn warning is not lit, there isn't one.

Is the hazard light switch meant to flash when the hazard lights are on? Is the left indicator warning on the dash fixable?

Thanks a lot,
Jack.

Hello everyone,

Forum newbie here. I just purchased a 2003 K12 1.0 for my Daughters first car, it has some issues which I knew going into it, and I'm looking for any help or advice anyone can offer.

The car has the dreaded 'left turn signal not working' fault on the dash. I was reading through the MOT regs, and as far as I understand it, it can pass as long as there's an audible for the left turn signal, but it has to have a separate indication that the hazards are on? Which if the hazard switch isn't flashing and the left turn warning is not lit, there isn't one.

Is the hazard light switch meant to flash when the hazard lights are on? Is the left indicator warning on the dash fixable?

Thanks a lot,
Jack.

Well known K12 electronic fault fixable with open circuit fault tracing & a soldering iron or a replacement PCB from a scrap car.

The choice is yours?

Reference; https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/faulty-turn-indicator-on-instrument-cluster.14283/ ;)

Reference;

Last edited:
Awesome, I managed to get the cluster out this morning so this should be an easy fix :)

Thanks again !

Happy fault finding good luck.

PS; I just remembered that the speedo instrument binnacle/ PCB is digital security coded matched to the NATS immobiliser system therefor not interchangeable without security recoding.

Therefore best option is to carefully repair the existing speedo assembly PCB. :)

Last edited: