I'm Sad I Have Bought A Micra Yesterday, But It Failed Mot

does anyone knows how much if i have to get all this done?:(
1st test
Reason(s) for refusal to issue Certificate
Nearside front position lamp(s) not in good working order (not working) (1.1.4a)
Nearside Front headlamp not working on main beam (1.2.4a)
Nearside Front headlamp not working on dipped beam (1.2.4a)
Offside Rear OUTER SILL suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.2)
Offside Rear INNER SILL suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.2)
Nearside Rear FLOOR suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.2)
Nearside Rear OUTER SILL suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.2)
Nearside Rear INNER SILL IN 2 PLACES suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.2)
Offside Front INNER SILL suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.2)
Advisory Notice issued
Fuel pipe/s corroded
Engine/gearbox mounting(s) defective
FRONT VALANCE AND ENGINE MOUNTING CORRODED **DANGEROUS**

2rd test
Reason(s) for refusal to issue Certificate
Front vehicle structure has an unsatisfactory modification, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings (6.1.3)
Front vehicle structure has excessive corrosion which adversely affects braking or steering (6.1.1)
Nearside Front tyre has a bulge, caused by separation or partial failure of its structure (4.1.C.1b)
Offside Front headlamp not working on dipped beam (1.2.4a)
Offside Front headlamp not working on main beam (1.2.4a)
Nearside Front stop lamp not working (1.3.2a)
Rear registration plate lamp not working (1.1.5c)
Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content at idle excessive (7.3.2c)
Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive (7.3.2b)
Exhaust emissions hydrocarbon content after 2nd fast idle excessive (7.3.2b)
Exhaust emissions Lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits (7.3.2b)
Corrsion fuel pipe leaking (7.2.1a)
Offside Outer Front front constant velocity joint gaiter split (2.5.C.1a)
Brake load sensing valve linkage seized (3.6.F.3)
Advisory Notice issued
Exhaust emits blue smoke during acceleration (7.3.A.1c)
Exhaust system has a minor leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2a)

I have to say i know nothing about cars, feeling sad now might need to scrap it, i didnt know it went to mot just few day ago >.< i thought it would be a brillant car, sad to say goodbye in just a day, anyone in manchester knows where i can get all fix at the lowest possible price thank you!

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Thats a lot of corrosion..

If you cant weld, or don't have a mate that can, I think it might be quite costly..

frank

Club Member
x807

the corrosion, we would need to see pics of, but the rest looks like £300 of work excluding the (blue) smokey engine

OP
OP
X
does it means i need to scrap it? oh.............. or i sell it? approximately how much will it cost?

and i heard it needs some welding be done.......
i have make a wrong move buying my 1st car :(

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
How much did you pay for it?

I would scrap the car if I were you, or put it on ebay and just say it has no MoT. I scrapped my almera for less failures than that, it just wasnt safe to drive anymore.

Loook at it this way, you dont want to have to spend £400 on fixing a car to make it worth £500...

OP
OP
X
x807

if thats 2 different mot stations, there,s a lot of discrepancies between them ??

What do you mean by that(sorry my english is poor,im only a student)? i found it weird because two mot was done in like 2 weeks time.

How much did you pay for it?

I would scrap the car if I were you, or put it on ebay and just say it has no MoT. I scrapped my almera for less failures than that, it just wasnt safe to drive anymore.

Loook at it this way, you dont want to have to spend £400 on fixing a car to make it worth £500...

i bought it for a £320 of a guy, i went with my friend to have a look and mayb here is where we went wrong because it was dark at night and my friend do not really have good knowledge about cars, not able to see some of the things i trusted my friend opinon that why i bought the car, im thinking to spend maximum 300 on it if it cant be done at this cost i will sell it, how much does this car value now i shall wait for my v5, then i can go on selling it

frank

Club Member
x807

i mean it looks like 2 different cars, something is not right, to get very different results
you need to find a test station you can trust !

OP
OP
X
x807

i mean it looks like 2 different cars, something is not right, to get very different results
you need to find a test station you can trust !

i didnt know it failed mot until i just went to check on VOSA mot histroy showed that this car has just failed mot, the station i go today is not a really big garage, is like size of 20-30 cars, there are commercial vans doing it mot there and there are also cars doing mot in there......

1ucy

Ex. Club Member
Maybe someone on the forum knows a better garage where you live that can help you out because, like franks said it looks like 2 different cars have been tested...

OP
OP
X
Maybe someone on the forum knows a better garage where you live that can help you out because, like franks said it looks like 2 different cars have been tested...

ya you are right im thinking between going to scrap or to pay another 300 pounds, im at salford manchester,i do not know anywhere that could mot thats why i take it to the nearest station to mot

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
Unfortunately you get what you pay for sometimes these days. I made that mistake with a fiesta I bought for £575. Nowt but problems after 3 months I sold it for £60 lol. Then got my current micra for £950 and I love it!

OP
OP
X
x807

i know a good one in birmingham, but thats 90 miles from you :doh:

ai............ should i just scrap it?

Unfortunately you get what you pay for sometimes these days. I made that mistake with a fiesta I bought for £575. Nowt but problems after 3 months I sold it for £60 lol. Then got my current micra for £950 and I love it!

60 pounds??? wat u went and scrap the car?

1ucy

Ex. Club Member
Your at salford? I go uni there :grinning: besides the point really... I know a really good honest garage near me, bout half an hour from Salford, its called ATC on lythgoes lane in Warrington, if you google it you'l find it, its the best gargage i know and I alway use it =]

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
yeah some bloke came round and took it on a lorry and gave me £60 notes for it. the work that needed doing would have cost me £500 alone so I thought cut my losses. I dont live round there but theres a few round my area that will buy cars.

OP
OP
X
Your at salford? I go uni there :grinning: besides the point really... I know a really good honest garage near me, bout half an hour from Salford, its called ATC on lythgoes lane in Warrington, if you google it you'l find it, its the best gargage i know and I alway use it =]

will they quote it very expensive? i should check it tomorrow... ya im a student in salford uni too

yeah some bloke came round and took it on a lorry and gave me £60 notes for it. the work that needed doing would have cost me £500 alone so I thought cut my losses. I dont live round there but theres a few round my area that will buy cars.

500 pounds thats alot hope tomorrow will not cost more than 300 pray hard.......

jdmk11mike

Ex. Club Member
Nearside Rear OUTER SILL suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.2)
Nearside Rear INNER SILL IN 2 PLACES suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.2)
Offside Front INNER SILL suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.2) Offside Rear OUTER SILL suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.2)
Offside Rear INNER SILL suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.2)

i just had all these on my mot, plus more,in fact two pages of failures, sorted it for £68, im a mechanic though lol

scrap the car,cant believe you payed £320 for it, sell you mine for £500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1ucy

Ex. Club Member
Depends what work needs doing, when does the MOT actually expire?

Best thing to do is put some photos up of the problem areas, see if someone on here knows how much is going to cost, then if its worth doing take it to the garage, if not, scrap it =[

OP
OP
X
i just had all these on my mot, plus more,in fact two pages of failures, sorted it for £68, im a mechanic though lol

scrap the car,cant believe you payed £320 for it, sell you mine for £500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what you can get it fix at 68 pounds? unbelivable in your opinon how much can u fix my car???

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
yeah it was a bag of crap called a fiesta though. Your on the right lines choosing a Micra. See how much its gonna cost you to get it through its mot before you scrap it. If its more than you paid Id probably say get rid.

jacb_1978

Ex. Club Member
Try one of these places

Park Garage (Salford) Ltd
Swinton Park Rd,
Salford,
Lancashire
M6 7WR

or

FST Smart Service Centre
2, Mode Wheel Road,
Salford,
Lancashire
M5 5DQ

OP
OP
X
Depends what work needs doing, when does the MOT actually expire?

Best thing to do is put some photos up of the problem areas, see if someone on here knows how much is going to cost, then if its worth doing take it to the garage, if not, scrap it =[

it failed its mot few weeks ago im going to take photos and show it tomorrow morning thank you guys for all of your help, i feel a bit better now but im still sad............

It sounds like both complete sills need either replacing or patching and the front crossmember is in need of repair/replacement, the lighting problems are going to either be bulbs, connectors or fuses, all easy to check, the biggies are the corroded and leaking fuel pipe, the corroded brake pipes they will need replacement, and the blue smoke from the exhaust and emissions problems are a major problem, I'm just wondering if someone has put contaminated fuel in the tank at some time.

OP
OP
X
yeah it was a bag of crap called a fiesta though. Your on the right lines choosing a Micra. See how much its gonna cost you to get it through its mot before you scrap it. If its more than you paid Id probably say get rid.

ya i did some research about which car to buy either clio,106,saxo.
but sadly i dunno how to choose a proper car...........

Try one of these places

Park Garage (Salford) Ltd
Swinton Park Rd,
Salford,
Lancashire
M6 7WR

or

FST Smart Service Centre
2, Mode Wheel Road,
Salford,
Lancashire
M5 5DQ

i will try those after i approximately get how much cost me repairing thanx!

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
best bet is take someone who knows a bit about cars and make sure you look at in in daylight. Dont look at them at night I did that with the fiesta too silly me. you could actually get AA or RAC to do a check on it I think. I think its £30 but Im not 100%

OP
OP
X
It sounds like both complete sills need either replacing or patching and the front crossmember is in need of repair/replacement, the lighting problems are going to either be bulbs, connectors or fuses, all easy to check, the biggies are the corroded and leaking fuel pipe, the corroded brake pipes they will need replacement, and the blue smoke from the exhaust and emissions problems are a major problem, I'm just wondering if someone has put contaminated fuel in the tank at some time.

u mean that thin layer board behind the horn at the engine compartment is call a crossmember? what is the use of that i remember that thing was rust and the lower side was detached can i get fuel pipes brake pipes from scrap yard? and how much fittings cost? contaminated, mixing of fuels?
does anyone knows scrap yard in manchester??

best bet is take someone who knows a bit about cars and make sure you look at in in daylight. Dont look at them at night I did that with the fiesta too silly me. you could actually get AA or RAC to do a check on it I think. I think its £30 but Im not 100%

i should do all that when i buy the next car....

there are three good scrapyards on Gorton Lane in Gorton just East of the city centre, the blue smoke from the exhaust could mean that someone has put oil or diesel contaminated petrol in the tank.

OP
OP
X
there are three good scrapyards on Gorton Lane in Gorton just East of the city centre, the blue smoke from the exhaust could mean that someone has put oil or diesel contaminated petrol in the tank.

ohh do they have micra parts ??? i should have a look

andy88

Ex. Club Member
buy another micra with a long MOT.

your better off having Mot's done at place that only does Mot's, can never trust garages that do Mot's and the repairs.

andy

Ex. Club Member
your better off having Mot's done at place that only does Mot's, can never trust garages that do Mot's and the repairs.[/QUOTE]

no your not

buy another micra with a long MOT.

your better off having Mot's done at place that only does Mot's, can never trust garages that do Mot's and the repairs.

no your not

frank

Club Member
x807

we need to see underneath really, front bottom crossmember, sills
etc
but the engine bay looks very mingin ! (not a good 1st impression !)

OP
OP
X
just bring it to garage today they have told me to repair is 450 or even more is not worth it, i ask him is it good just to scrap, and he said just try selling it, or he will pay me 80 quid for the car, and he could repair it himself. From what he said the sealing is rust and crosschamber needs welding like what you guys has just said....... i have learn a good lesson this time. it cost some $ and i think it would take some time to find a ideal car again, i know what to do when i need to buy another car, i will choose micra again....... what a 1st car i have :down:

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
X807: sorry to hear this! that is a shame! if i had a micra, that was going to be scrapped, you know what i would do! i would get cheap replacements parts, buy a micra k11 haynes manual and have a fine go and fitting those parts! mainly because i like working on cars and to me its fun! cheaper way and gaining experience!!!

thats just my views!!

hope it sorts out for you in the end!
maybe get another quote?

OP
OP
X
X807: sorry to hear this! that is a shame! if i had a micra, that was going to be scrapped, you know what i would do! i would get cheap replacements parts, buy a micra k11 haynes manual and have a fine go and fitting those parts! mainly because i like working on cars and to me its fun! cheaper way and gaining experience!!!

thats just my views!!

hope it sorts out for you in the end!
maybe get another quote?

i have really no good knowledge on cars i think like the technician said is close to scrap the car still could save but needs lots of $$ which i could afford another micra, i have now stop driving it and leave it to my friend to help me sort it out hopefully it will go peacefully...........