nismo

Ex. Club Member
k10theend033.jpg

k10theend018.jpg

k10theend071.jpg

k10theend072.jpg

k10theend035.jpg

k10theend007.jpg

hit a lot of surface water,clipped the kerb(37mph in a max national speed zone)up the verge,over upside down,and skidded on the roof!
i have a full FIA bucket seat plus willans full 4 point harnesses,which the firecrew,paramedics,doctors agreed probably saved me from serious damage!
anyway,lots of imaculate k10 spares on the way!

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
ahh u look alright not even a scratch haha, as for the car :( unlucky mate at least yer alright eh? so whats the plan of action now?

drummersiy

Deactivated Account
omg :( grr was looking at this car on here before and now its upside down :( anyways lucky you got out man..

for an old car :p its not done bad :/ rock on..

driver error ?? would this happen when its lower with gas shocks and anti roll and strut?

hope it dont stop you getting another micra and modding :)

we gonna run out of micras at this rate lol

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
oops!

glad your ok lol

looks like a nice car, shame but these things happen. dukes of hazzard moment?

steve

drummersiy

Deactivated Account
NO WAY.. just realised its the one that ive been looking at few weeks ago and got pics on my computer from a thread ... with the black bonnet and the slightly done up engine bay...

:( crys but yea interested in parts if u are ya know opperating :)

K10

Ex. Club Member
aww man thats bad- really glad your ok, cars can be replaced!

was a nice K10 that too- you were based near me at JAE in the rugby field i think? i spent it with the sera club this year- that k10 got lots of nice comments from none micra owners :)

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
i have a full FIA bucket seat plus willans full 4 point harnesses,which the firecrew,paramedics,doctors agreed probably saved me from serious damage!
anyway,lots of imaculate k10 spares on the way!

glad to see your ok, but i've been advised in the past not to use 4 point harness such as this without a roll cage, imagine if the roof had gave in further, i've always been advised that if in an accident and your going over lay accross the passenger seat and hold on!

Pete

Site Supporter
Glad your ok, thank goodness for buckets and harnesses! Heard of a similar escape happen to a kid in a reliant kitten, he got clipped by a truck at speed, the car dissintegrated leaving him in the bucket seat, the chassis and loads of fibreglass pieces on the floor.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
:eek: glad to hear youre OK...shame about the car :)

From the pics it looks like youve come off a right hand bend, just before going over?...bet you wish youd just driven straight on through the bushes though :D

Does your last sentence suggest youre thinking of going K11 or are you leaving the micras :)

Micra 110

Site Supporter
Glad your ok, thank goodness for buckets and harnesses! Heard of a similar escape happen to a kid in a reliant kitten, he got clipped by a truck at speed, the car dissintegrated leaving him in the bucket seat, the chassis and loads of fibreglass pieces on the floor.

Nice! :wow:

OP
OP
nismo

nismo

Ex. Club Member
I am feeling great unlike my car.

PLANS:

There is a little white 1.2 k10 micra up the road with no tax on it.I am going to ask if he would be interested in selling it. If he is interested, I would buy it and take all the parts from my car a transfer them to the new one.

BUT I WILL ONLY BE LOOKING A K10 BECAUSE I LOVE THE OLD SCHOOL!!!

:k10camper

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
yea the micra saved your life so you have to stick with micras forever as a thank you hehe, even though any other car wouldn't have flipped, we can forget that little mishaps! lol

drummersiy

Deactivated Account
rock on K10 :D and normally if you've got good bucket seats the roof hits the head of them :p unless you're a big guy but my seat surrounds me :D

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
OMG what a downer mate glad you got out ok fella looked really nice for a retro ride and glad you are stoping with the micra scene get better soon fella

OP
OP
nismo

nismo

Ex. Club Member
glad to see your ok, but i've been advised in the past not to use 4 point harness such as this without a roll cage, imagine if the roof had gave in further, i've always been advised that if in an accident and your going over lay accross the passenger seat and hold on!
in answer to this,the hight of the bucket protects my head by 4 inches!a solid steel framed bucket and harnesses are totally safer than a standard seat and seat belts,as told to me by the firebrigade,paramedics,police,and brett castle(pro drifter)phil morrison(pro drifter)julien smith(pro drifter)shane lynch(pro drifter)!all friends of my dads!
i dont know who advised you to try and lie over the passenger seat in an accident?i kinda found in the millisecond i had to brace myself,i wouldnt have time to undo my normal belt,lay across the handbrake,and pray!!!!!
also just to clear it up i had bounced off the bank on the otherside of the road which was about 3 foot high!!!

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I don't like the position of the steering wheel lock lol, looks like it could have hit you in the head, will move mine to the boot. How lucky are you though lol

OP
OP
nismo

nismo

Ex. Club Member
ok cars back
k10theend187.jpg

k10theend188.jpg

k10theend189.jpg

k10theend190.jpg

k10theend191.jpg

k10theend192.jpg

not bad for a roll in an 18 year old car,but hey just looked on ebay ive got some money in good spare parts here,plus a gen 40,000ml engine with all the mot,s to back it up

OP
OP
nismo

nismo

Ex. Club Member
yea,the whole weight was taken by the screen and front of the roof!the bonnet is just lightly scraped but no mishaped,one side damage was from the recovery people turning it the right way up!to be honest im really happy with the way the car stood up to it,the recovery people said it had done better than most cars!!!!

OP
OP
nismo

nismo

Ex. Club Member
OK...............................................................................NOW,watch this space!i have a cunning plan!

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
hehe would help if you ever rolled a micra i suppose, hmm if you are still selling that around xmas time i might give you a shout ( i want to do a track car micra for knockhill )

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Holy Cow! Just seen this!
Any illusions about the crash protection my K10 offers me have just been shattered! :S

While i hit a high (as in same as yours 3ft) in my old K11, i luckily just span out with minor suspension damage... seriously glad that didn't happen!

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
oh no! i remember this car at JAE on the show and shine, even spoke to you i think, it was mint, what a shame

glad you are ok tho, thats not fair when so much damage can be done even when you are not speeding or anything.

i hope you will get another micra, come to the dark side, go k11 :D