Ignition Timing

Just wondering what is the most you can advance your ignition timing before everything goes backwards?

Not planning on doing so, but just a thought that's been lingering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one of the grasser guys on here did 4 or 5 dyno runs at different advance settings last year iirc, i think the stock setting gave the highest hp tho :)

Went to do my timing and it was on 25 degrees :S Just set it on 17 :)

one of the grasser guys on here did 4 or 5 dyno runs at different advance settings last year iirc, i think the stock setting gave the highest hp tho :)
Wonder who that was :) when you say stock gave highest hp you mean the first run they gave it?

Wonder who that was :) when you say stock gave highest hp you mean the first run they gave it?
the hp printout glen (the purple line) they set the timing @ 3k rpm, where the stock spark map pretty much flattens out eh.
i did,nt post up any of your figures, in respect of you paying your hard earned cash for the dyno runs :)

3.jpg

yeah just been looking at them again seeing if i could do it myself with the gun i just got (not to sure tho :) ) when they did advance it tho the figures where better or am i just tunnel vision here looking at the final figure

yes they started pretty conservatively glen, then advanced it gradually eh, you need a timing gun really mate :)

sorry for hacking thread jordan, yeah picked one up early bud and managed to set idle properly i think, its gone rid of the popping sound in engine and revs up a lot better. Just looking at the dyne sheet and where it says run 1/2/3/4 next to it is that the degrees they advanced it when the revs are up its not the idle speed is it? (I'm thinking surely not) but with a timing gun how do i get it way past the timing marks

the marks only go to 20 deg eh glen, just measure another 20 and paint another mark on :)
the timing should be about 15 @ 650rpm, then 45ish deg @ 3k rpm

so really when i went last time all they did is put the timing back to stock because it would of been out slightly due to the work i did? might still go for another blast next week on it tho:p

you really need the obd1 connector and ecutalk software to set it up properly glen, then run the timing light at the same time as the timing data on the screen.
then you can exactly replicate what the dyno guy had it set at

yeah true, with the other info he has got i hoping he can set it to that, have a few runs with a couple of tweaks hopefully keep the cost down might ask him to get some data for Jordans original question ;)

What's important is that my fuel consumption is now noticeable less than with the timing advanced 25 degrees :D haha

Back