Ignition Problems HELP? 59 reg Micra

I've got an issue where the car key no longer turns is the ignition. tried everything!

i'm at the stage where i've removed the ignition unit from the car having great fun with the sheer bolts.

Not sure though where to go from here. i'm thinking the best option will be to buy a second hand unit from ebay and fit that but i know the car won't start with the different key etc.

I can't remove the barrel from the existing unit so i have no choice but really to get the secend hand unit. If i change the transponder unit from the ebay part to the old one including the black ring and swap the internals of the old key into the new key will the car work???

Hi here is something I found last night while doing searches.
This looks great to have a push button starter but they also explain what causes the issue of the starter not turning in the case that they are showing.

Would be nice to have push start in that area but most of us need a socket free for our dash cams etc.
Might solve your headache and get you back up and running.

Do you mean the key won't turn or the turn of key won't send the signal to turn the engine over?
Its actually also a pretty decent mod that I have not seen before.

Last edited:
Back