ignition keys

hi we bought in december a micra with only one key and the nissan dealer told us that they
would get a replacement key from nissan,its nearly 1 month since we bought the car but dont
have a spare key yet the reason for this is that nissan have a back order on the keys which i
really dont believe .
can anyone tell me if this is true or not as i feel like there is some muck spreading going on.

at last the key is at the dealers and on the 31st we are going to have the key coded to the system
it surprised me when nissan uk customer services told me they use a 3rd party to produce their keys
i always thought nissan would of made their own

really peeded off with nissan went to get the key today from our dealer only to find that they couldn't do it today as they had computer problems
so yet another 80 miles waste of time,we have only had the car since xmas 2014 and i am now looking around for another car / make as holdcroft nissan are
not the best to deal with so many problems and so many issues to deal with i cant be doing with it any longer may go back to mercedes

really peeded off with nissan went to get the key today from our dealer only to find that they couldn't do it today as they had computer problems
so yet another 80 miles waste of time,we have only had the car since xmas 2014 and i am now looking around for another car / make as holdcroft nissan are
not the best to deal with so many problems and so many issues to deal with i cant be doing with it any longer may go back to mercedes

Accepting the purchased vehicle when incomplete was the own goal at the root of this sequence of problems. The dealer’s purpose is to get as much hard earned money as possible in return for as little as the customer will let them get away with. Keep on their case until they meet their responsibilities.

Accepting the purchased vehicle when incomplete was the own goal at the root of this sequence of problems. The dealer’s purpose is to get as much hard earned money as possible in return for as little as the customer will let them get away with. Keep on their case until they meet their responsibilities.

oh i havent let them get away with it,today i phoned them stating i am rejecting the car now due to the length of time taken (7 weeks of waiting since viewing) so i am bringing it back to them,
i had a phone call back saying they would accept it back and i will get a full refund of the purchase price that was £7500
i have now gone a bought a honda jazz hybrid for kath instead,we now collect it on saturday.
luckily for us it is the same company so the honda dealer will take the car off kath and the nissan dealer will pay the refund straight to honda internally
so all i have to pay is £3500 for the car so happy at last.
we also found the mpg had dropped to 37mpg which is far from the advertised milage,in the jazz it was registering just under 60mpg on the test drive.

oh i havent let them get away with it,today i phoned them stating i am rejecting the car now due to the length of time taken (7 weeks of waiting since viewing) so i am bringing it back to them,
i had a phone call back saying they would accept it back and i will get a full refund of the purchase price that was £7500
i have now gone a bought a honda jazz hybrid for kath instead,we now collect it on saturday.
luckily for us it is the same company so the honda dealer will take the car off kath and the nissan dealer will pay the refund straight to honda internally
so all i have to pay is £3500 for the car so happy at last.
we also found the mpg had dropped to 37mpg which is far from the advertised milage,in the jazz it was registering just under 60mpg on the test drive.

Outstanding result! Great to hear that a consumer rejects an unsatisfactory vehicle and gets all his money back as per current UK consumer protection law!

A result to write home about and shout from the rooftops, write it up and put it on social media so that consumers saddled with a duff car and inadequate dealer responses can benefit from your experience and outstanding result.

Last edited: