• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Ignition barrel

I was unlucky enough to have snapped the ignition key in my mothers micra tempest 1.0 52 plate. I had to drill out the ignition so that any key fits it although the chip must be taped to it. She now wants to sell the car as she has bought another one. If I get a complete ignition with the chipped key from the scrappy will it work or does the chip need to communicate with something other than the ignition barrel. Clearly it isn't worth the 200 to 300 or more pounds that the dealer would charge for a new ignition. Help

I was unlucky enough to have snapped the ignition key in my mothers micra tempest 1.0 52 plate. I had to drill out the ignition so that any key fits it although the chip must be taped to it. She now wants to sell the car as she has bought another one. If I get a complete ignition with the chipped key from the scrappy will it work or does the chip need to communicate with something other than the ignition barrel. Clearly it isn't worth the 200 to 300 or more pounds that the dealer would charge for a new ignition. Help
To get it to run you will need the ecu from the same car you get the ignition from. Otherwise Nissan will have to re sync it. Also your radio and central door locking and wireless entry unit all have Nat connections so these won't work correctly.

I have the correct ecu and ignition barrel with key and nats for your car. Let me know if you want them and im sure we can sort something out.