If my car was yours what would you do to it?

GuyH08

Ex. Club Member
I fancy some big changes to my car,
i thought about selling it and buying a honda civic ek9, but thought i would rather spend the money on the micra,

so, not too bothered about performance...but what would you do to the looks mainly?

I am lookin to spend about £2,000 over the period of a year..

So what would you do to the looks mainly, but also performance/exhaust.

So far it has

- Open mouth grille
- Alloys (want new ones)
- Lowered 55mm
- Janspeed back box
- CG16DE air box
- And a dented bonnet :down: so any ideas for a new bonnet?

Photo0741.jpg

Photo0744.jpg

Photo0747.jpg

Replacement stock bonnet from a scrappers. (poss paint satin black)
Coilovers - set to maximum drop obviously.
Adjustable panhard rod to center axle.
7 or 8x13 ATS classics - (or possibly some Yahoo.co.jp searching for 7 or 8 x13 rims)
Spacers for the rear so that the front/rear tyre/wheelarch interface is the same. (or 8x13's on the back and 7x13's on the front) 165's on the 7", 185's on the 8".
Rolled and Pulled wheel arches.
Rear beam modified for camber. (to keep the tread under the arches)
Front struts adjusted for camber (less than the rear also to keep the tread under the arches)
Bump strip removal.
March nipples + numberpalte to suit.

Then, cruise low and slow.

Replacement stock bonnet from a scrappers. (poss paint satin black)
Coilovers - set to maximum drop obviously.
Adjustable panhard rod to center axle.
7 or 8x13 ATS classics - (or possibly some Yahoo.co.jp searching for 7 or 8 x13 rims)
Spacers for the rear so that the front/rear tyre/wheelarch interface is the same. (or 8x13's on the back and 7x13's on the front) 165's on the 7", 185's on the 8".
Rolled and Pulled wheel arches.
Rear beam modified for camber. (to keep the tread under the arches)
Front struts adjusted for camber (less than the rear also to keep the tread under the arches)
Bump strip removal.
March nipples + numberpalte to suit.

Then, cruise low and slow.

I LIKE your style, Absolutely love the ATS classics!
Where are coilovers avaliable from?

They did a cat back on mine but they will do as much or as little as you like
It sounds however you ask it to sound and it looks however you ask it to look.
Paid 275 for it.

ooo sounds good to me! did you need to take your car to the garage or anything?
how long did it take for them to do?

yer its great.
I got 'mids sports' which is perfect with my manifold, very loud!
You can get 'standard sound' 'mild sports' 'mids sports' or 'full sports'

14" steelies, painted black (but 7j wide so can fit big tyres on them) pulsar brakes, set of coilovers (daiyama, geko, k-sport, D2 etc etc) smooth everything, fit some superS bumpers. nismo spoiler, racing exhaust (so no tip, just cut pipe) full whiteline kit, Tint the back windows, slap a GA16 in there.

that should be your £2k well spent. (and then some)

id make it faster to be honest, full janspeed front to back, 1.6 injectors throttle body and ecu, fuel pressure regulator, coilovers and smaller wheels, fully stripped apart from 2 seats :p still have cash left ftom that

If it was mine, I would de bump strip, smooth both bumpers and colour match. Colour code handles boot handle and debadge. Get a nice new bonet. Open the front grille. Get new plates as I don't like the blue bit. De sticker the back. get a second facelift rear wiper and mod the motor so it lies flat. then get a 75% tint all around inc the front windscreen. Either clear or tinted side repeaters, and if you can get real lights to match (I prefer clear/crystal but my car is white so that is why) Then get some engine mods with the leftover, so a 4-2-1 keeping the second cat and pray it gets through an MOT. Maybe some 1.6 injectors.

hmm good ideas...Thanks

i was thinking about stripping it all out too...but want to keep it remotley practical :p

Like the sound of the arches!
Just need to sort out the money i owe my parents and then i can get spending :D

tint your headlights, 14 inch black alloys, colour coded interior, black bad boy bonnet, super s bumpers, wide arch kit...from robb ;) , rear tints, de bumpstrip, colour coded bootlid handle and mirrors and door handles, some nice bucket seats, stipped out rear, full roll cage or show cage ...whichever you prefer, also try and do a unique mod something not seen before. maybe a front bumper customised or something like that

Back