Idle Stall

Hi guys ive just brought a 1995 micra 1.0 litre automatic and it was running fine until this weekend when it started having trouble idling, it starts spluttering and the revs go so low it almost stalls then the revs come back up and go back down. It wasn't such a problem at first and was intermittent but now it judders now and then when cruising and almost cuts out at junctions. It hasn't stalled so far but it smells terrible when its playing up almost as if its running really rich. Ive changed the oil, filter, air filter, spark plugs, ht leads and no luck. Any ideas?

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
im going to hazard a guess at throttle body
and the soldering is a temp fix... well for some on here they have stated they got 30k miles+ by soldering... but another TB can be picked up for not much...

It's pretty simple. There's a metal cover sealed with silicone which you need to get off. Behind that you'll see three connections which should be intact. If they are not then you have to solder each one.

If you're not too far away I could check it out for you?

Thanks for that guys ive managed to pick up a used throttle body off ebay and its got a guarantee on it so will try that as soon as I get a dry day to fit it. Fingers crossed that will fix the problem its totally un-drivable at the moment :(

Ive fitted a used throttle body I got off ebay and it seems to be idleing fine now and drives great except one new problem, before when I started it the revs came up as if on choke and then dropped when it got warm but now I start it and it splutters a little and idles without the choke on, its fine for now but im worried that in the winter it wont start. Any ideas?