Idle Rev?

Hi All,

Newbei here.
My IDLE rev is 760, and the car is a little bit shaking during idle. Is it low?
1.4 Motor

Thanks and Regards;
Serkan
Screenshot_20200107-102728_Torque.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All,

Newbei here.
My IDLE rev is 760, and the car is a little bit shaking during idle. Is it low?
1.4 Motor

Thanks and Regards;
Serkan
View attachment 66833
Hello Serkan,

I also have a 1.4 (K11 2002), newly acquired, with a similar shaking at idle (not sure of the revs though as I don't have access to diagnostic software). I've been doing a little research and it is pointing towards either the alternator or the Maf for me (a common issue apparently). Have you checked these over?

OP
OP
Acoris
Hello Serkan,

I also have a 1.4 (K11 2002), newly acquired, with a similar shaking at idle (not sure of the revs though as I don't have access to diagnostic software). I've been doing a little research and it is pointing towards either the alternator or the Maf for me (a common issue apparently). Have you checked these over?
Hi MrFahrenheit,
Thank you for your answer.
Sometimes when i just start accelerating the car shakes a little too. It may seem MAF as google.
How can i check them?
I bought this device (see picture) today, can i check alternator?
How about maf?
955A4447-6362-4EE9-8662-5C15B9BB4882.jpeg

Hi MrFahrenheit,
Thank you for your answer.
Sometimes when i just start accelerating the car shakes a little too. It may seem MAF as google.
How can i check them?
I bought this device (see picture) today, can i check alternator?
How about maf?
View attachment 66835
Hi Serkan,

I haven't started work on mine yet, will be doing so next week. It also vibrates/overfuels at idle, however I have a service kit (plugs/fuel filter/air filter, etc) which I shall be fitting beforehand as it doesn't look like it's been done in a while.

For a basic alternator check use a multimeter or voltmeter set at v dc, check battery when engine not running (should be 12-13v). Start engine and let it settle, check again and should be 13.5-14.5v. Turn all lights, heater, rear demister on and check again. Should be around 11-12.5v.

For the Maf remove and clean in methylated spirits, and only methylated spirits as anything else will damage it, and refit. I shall also be doing this to the throttle position sensor too.

Let me know how you get on, I will do the same.

Bad MAF is a common fault on coilpack Micras.

Please if you do decide to replace the MAF, DO NOT BUY an eBay replacement. These a ####ty quality made in China and aren't Bosch, and they simply fail after a few days.
If you do change the MAF, get a second hand one from a low mileage Micra.

OP
OP
Acoris
Bad MAF is a common fault on coilpack Micras.

Please if you do decide to replace the MAF, DO NOT BUY an eBay replacement. These a ####ty quality made in China and aren't Bosch, and they simply fail after a few days.
If you do change the MAF, get a second hand one from a low mileage Micra.
Can I use a MAF from 1.0 or 1.3?

If you remove/decide to clean the maf you'll need a ts25 '5 point' security bit. I stress 5 point as they are commonly 6 point. For the tps it's a t20 hex (allen) bit. These are as fitted to mine, which looked to be original.