idle issues

just bought my first micra the k12 model 1.2 92,000mls . this one is new to me and wow the carburetor in a plastic casing unbelievable and this hunting jerky thing going on ..ive read doom stories about the stretch timing chain ..on this car it looks like it been done before i notice the red gasket sealant around the front timing cover plate and around the oil pan case ive stripped it down to check the plugs (ngk iridium ) seem they could be change but i doubt this would cause it to idle like that ...unplug the map sensor seem ok ...unplug the idle control thingy and now i can get the light off usually one would disconnect battery for a few sec then connect to erase the cell ight but it wont shift so what the next step is there a diy .......any one tried dismantling the throttle body ?
how can we get rid of this damn electronic throttle set up to cable ?? and change the intake manifold system ?

To see if you have an intake leak, spray an ether based (aerostart etc) on the gasket areas of the intake manifold to see if this varies the idle( it should make the engine race)

Back