Ideas on handling, braking mods?

Pondering on how to make it handle better as the Micra lurches and tips easily. Old shocks and springs probably want chucking to start with?

Any reasonably priced ideas?

Good tyres are my first thoughts. More rubber so wider is better too. I have 195 50 15s on 15x5.5j steels. Standard springs and grips really well.
Softer set ups are better for pot holed b roads like those on my commute.
A little lower on matiz or alto springs would improve things.
Brake wise, new discs and uprated pads will stop a Micra fine unless you're running much bigger power.

I see. Sounds like a good idea.

I'm a late braker so stopping quickly for sharp bends would give an advantage.

Which steel wheels are you using. I'm looking at used 14" cleo wheels. But anything cheaper that looks the part would be good.

My son's removed the old shocks and said they are pretty hammered. Very little in them.
He removed them a month ago to fit some scrap yard springs he'd cut down. Fronts fitted fine but rears were just too dangerous as they fell out while fitting.

Its mine now so I'm buying the parts.

I've a set of twingo steels. Brand new for £140 off eBay from France. Set of falken ze914 £145 for 4 from demon tweaks (great grip in the wet and dry).
My little 1.0 rolls quite a bit but the level of grip means less braking and I'm able to keep momentum.

Ah. Twingos fit. Cheers.

Loads of scabby ones in breaker's for half that, so looks a good option with a slap of paint.

I've gone for the best ones as cheap as I could find.

Attachments

• _20170712_142203.JPG
    _20170712_142203.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 149
  • _20170712_142143.JPG
    _20170712_142143.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 195
Ive heard bilstein b4 shocks are good but monroe shocks ought to be up to the job.
From what I can gather, if you're lowering with alto or matiz springs which is very popular, you're best to go for corsa 'b' rear shocks with a small adaption to the mount (a little filing is all that's needed). This is because the Micra rear shocks bottom out when lowered.

Ive heard bilstein b4 shocks are good but monroe shocks ought to be up to the job.
From what I can gather, if you're lowering with alto or matiz springs which is very popular, you're best to go for corsa 'b' rear shocks with a small adaption to the mount (a little filing is all that's needed). This is because the Micra rear shocks bottom out when lowered.

06a7fa579e933b6c6163ed8b1c512d64.jpg

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

d6ae3932dd2b09177e56a8932cabb011.jpg

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip.

I'll just go for these, not the ALTO or Matiz springs.

Attachments

• _20170712_152250.JPG
    _20170712_152250.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 156
Back