Ideas for a decent dash cam system?

Just finishing my yearly Micra shake down .... last year it was doing the inner London daily run by daughter No. 3, now it's to be used by the wife for local running around.

Had an idea to fit a dash cam .... been reading about them an age but not committed yet. Seems a huge amount of choice out there and wandering what any of you may have invested in that is decent function and robust? Not keen on those huge units occupying half the windscreen but something high function and fit and forget.

Any ideas or experiences? Thanks

I have this one in my car and it's been great.
I think I got it from Amazon and bought a 32gb SD cars and hard wire kit for about £80

Blimey is a good price. Going to take a read on that one. At that price is worth a play. And anything it doesn't do you think it should?

Thanks for the link

It doesn't do motion detection like some of the more expensive ones do.
It does have auto record if it detects a shock whilst the car is parked up. i.e. Someone hits your car whilst it's parked up.
It's detachable too.
It saves 3 or 5 minute files onto the SD in a loop and you can press a button to freeze a file in case it needs to be kept.

I have the Yi Dash Camera

It records in stunning 1296P and provides excellent low light clarity to help ensure you are protected under all conditions

Link: http://amzn.eu/7AQaWRA

Blimey is even cheaper than the Halford one you sent .... £38 is amazing value. And I think Amazon have a big sale on tomorrow as well at midday....could it be even cheaper??? Well the next hour will be spent reading about the Yi Dash .... Micra and spanners can wait. Reviews seem overall very positive and given that you can pay up to £300 for one then you could stick one on every window and have 360 degree car cam for less than one of those! :)

Thanks for that link .... I feel a purchase coming on :)

Blimey is even cheaper than the Halford one you sent .... £38 is amazing value. And I think Amazon have a big sale on tomorrow as well at midday....could it be even cheaper??? Well the next hour will be spent reading about the Yi Dash .... Micra and spanners can wait. Reviews seem overall very positive and given that you can pay up to £300 for one then you could stick one on every window and have 360 degree car cam for less than one of those! :)

Thanks for that link .... I feel a purchase coming on :)
I bought it for £28 with the discount from hotukdeals. The offer isn't on at the moment though

Last edited:
Back