Ideal K10 MA10 oil?

stonesie

Grease Monkey!
I will be diong a full service on the micra on saturday, Air, Oil and fuel filters and plugs, and since it has developed a slight misfire when its damp the leads, rotor arm and dizzy cap will be done too

So i am hopeing you will say that GM (vauxhall branded) 10W 40 semi-synthetic oil will be suitable as i get it for 84p/litre:laugh: :k10:

oh also doing the gearbox and clutch annnnndddddd a coolant change as winters coming and the mix is a tad weak

(somones going to be a buisy fellao_O )

yes the gm oil will be fine to use, and also remember to clean or change the little filter for the crankcase in the air filter pan

I allways ran my old K10 on 5/40 semi synth. At 70K miles the engine internals still looked new (see attached image)

Ed

Attachments

• 0069.JPG
    0069.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 292
I've got Castrol GTX high mileage 15/40 in mine, would semi-synthetic or different viscosity be better? Its done 101k.

I use Castrol GTX 10/40 normal oil, despite having 105000 on the clock. The quietest my engine has ever been though was when i used halfords own 10/40 oil!

Turtle said:
So where do you get this miraculously cheap oil?

I'm a mechainc and we buy it in 205L drums, and its on special, and at that price the dealer will still be making profit:glance:

I'm not exactly high payed but there are perks, oh and since there was no work in this afternoon me and my boss did the box and clutch on it then he left me to do all the other bits and bats, runs much smoother with 4 matched plugs (there were 3 Denso and a Bosch in there now has a set of NGK)

The old clutch was ok to look at, not worn out at all but it was a reconditioned POS, i think the pressure plate was faulty too, genuine nissan part in now and all is well.

Back