iced up

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
how many people got the snow today would like to see some pics if you did
nothing can stop these little tanks apart from a scrappage scheme

Snowing on and off where i am, waiting for a decent snow buildup (Y)

After a service, my micra has never idled so good, so powerfully. Choking properly!

how many people got the snow today would like to see some pics if you did
nothing can stop these little tanks apart from a scrappage scheme

Or sliding on snow into a curb and busting your rear axle :down: but that was my old car. At the moment I have the joy of de-icing the car before work and again after :down:

had some sleet yesterday for all of ten minutes. should be getting worse over the weekend but it's dry at the moment :down:

yeh you got too let some air out the tyres just to not muck up,small cars arent easy to correct no mercy type of thing
thats why you got to widen em up give yourself a chance
two weeks of it forassed

we had snow in cornwall but nothing to scream about......as usual. I hope it doesnt come as i have to do a 50 mile round trip every night for work.

ok this morning was an exception. i drove down to london last night for friends bday. was forcasted -4 on night.
6.30am tday got out to scrape ice, argh cant feel fingers. washers dont work cos they're frozen so had to drive up motorway without using wipers/washer but tis fine cos there's not much rain or spray. at one point i had to slow to 40, open window and squeeze a bottle of water on windscreen to clean it cos there was no service station for awhile to stop by with a mucky screen, was interesting. hit north east and snow's everywhere

twas only by the time i got home after 6hrs drive that the washers decided to work

hmmm, due to the epic slammage, that doesn't look too epic in these pics

101127033053.jpg

101127033149.jpg

101127033208.jpg

edit, i will add a few things weatherwise.

that car believe it or not is dropped 60mm less than a standard vitz (though the angle of the pics still make it look like a jeep) so my splitter is sometimes acting as a snow plough for the snow drifts in the middle of the road.

i also bought a new battery in the summer and it was of slightly lower CCA than the one i was removing, i never thought it would make a difference in reality, but the engine takes 5 to 6 turns before it starts the last day or two.

and you cant find it in the snow. you have to keep pressing the alarm fob until you hear beeping.

1.5 with little or no weight seems to spin its wheels in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, so i've had to take off in 4th a few times.

i live near york in the country side, put my standard springs on an some snow chains and it seems 2 go through anything lol cars stripped out so slides nicely aswel about 1ft of snow bt more lyk 5ft in snow drifts on the side of the road

Hi, new to this forum, just picked up my Micra 3 weeks ago. K11 on a N plate, great car. Got about foot of snow at my place, been the only one in my estate who didnt get stuck. Was only going to the keep the car over winter but i have grown to love it, so not going anywhere now!:laugh:

god damn it whats the best way to stop the locks from freezing up! cant use my drivers door lock at all and boot is completely frozen up and so was the fuel cap! only way into my car is the passenger side where the lock is damaged so it does work!

god damn it whats the best way to stop the locks from freezing up! cant use my drivers door lock at all and boot is completely frozen up and so was the fuel cap! only way into my car is the passenger side where the lock is damaged so it does work!

WD40 in the lock. If it still freezes, carry a lighter about with you and heat the key up and wiggle it about in the lock a few times to melt it.

Just starting snowing now but this was my car at 9 o'clock this morning, -4 C:

IMAG0040.jpg

We had about 10 inches last night, it's mental! I'll get a pic later :eek:.

YES! we finally have a good batch of snow, bad news is it will be my first time driving my car when its like this and I have work later :doh:

Take it very easy, if it is deep, let a little air out of your front tyres and first gear is a wonderful break!!!!!

will do mate, thanks for the advice (Y) its very heavy now! (it decides to snow after ive broken up from college) GREAT!

Back