i want to go faster

danny1.0l

Ex. Club Member
hey guys i need drastic help i want more power out of my k11 1.0l and dont know the best way to go about it i was gonna just full exhaust system including manifold and cold air feed is there anything else that i can do to get more power as im pulling a bit slow:blues:

Fit a 1.3, it's the cheapest way.

The only other way is major engine work and even then you won't get much more power

Cold air feed is pointless, as the coolant runs round the inlet manifold, so it's one step forward, one step back. Straight through exhaust is meh, but you'll loose out on torque, which these engines don't exactly have lots of, so try keeping one of the cats, or something.

There's no point trying with a 1 litre, unless you're willing to spend big money (more then the car is worth in most cases) so

so.....

go SR20DET lol

or more realisitcally, go for a 1.3 and se how that goes for a while :)

its the cheapest way to increase power by about 40% ( 54 to 74ish ) and if its still not enough you can boost that to about 100 with sensible mods,

but go for a 1.3 with a 1.0 gear box and just see how that goes :)

Cold air feed is pointless, as the coolant runs round the inlet manifold, so it's one step forward, one step back. Straight through exhaust is meh, but you'll loose out on torque, which these engines don't exactly have lots of, so try keeping one of the cats, or something.

There's no point trying with a 1 litre, unless you're willing to spend big money (more then the car is worth in most cases) so

i bypassed the coolant running through the TB with a spare pipe to keep the air cool, as the wax idle plunger was seized anyway and the front IAV works fine.

a further step maybe to fit an insulating inlet manifold gasket cos the engine blocks heating the inlet manifold hence the inlet air too.

i bypassed the coolant running through the TB with a spare pipe to keep the air cool, as the wax idle plunger was seized anyway and the front IAV works fine.

a further step maybe to fit an insulating inlet manifold gasket cos the engine blocks heating the inlet manifold hence the inlet air too.

me too, and some sort of heatshield helps, as does fiting 3 inlet mani gaskets (to cut down on heat transfer) :)
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=13779&stc=1&d=1257512679

Attachments

• PICT1030.JPG
    PICT1030.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 289
Back