I want one of these...

38713972940_6a8a51e099_b.jpg

L@@Ks cool, these car were future proof in their design so much so that nearly 20 years after their inception they still attract people if they are looked after.?

Mine 160SR. Owned it from brand new since 2006. Still going strong with 144k miles on the clock with nothing major apart from one clutch replacement and general wear and tear. Love it. View attachment 71905View attachment 71906

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

You keep it in great condition, looks superb for a 15 year old car. Micra’s are the marmite of cars. I adore marmite too, have owned over 10 K12’s, currently got 3, my favourite was my exclusive white 160SR sadly written off in a hit and run.

You have red seats, they look great, how so?

Obviously I've noticed the centre exit twin tailpipe that looks awesome, is that a whole custom exhaust or just a rear silencer, how did you get it in the middle?

Did that take much to repair as my rear bumper has a crack in the same area.
What did you use for the repair.
I was going to try plastic weld.
Or maybe just some glue and baking soda.
Not sure what would work best but would like to have a spare to practice refurbing them..

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Or this one.wonder if anyone try to recreate this front bumper with two separate bumpers for a custom look..View attachment 71921

Yes that is the Australian spec front end. It's disappointing the spec is different in other countries, another feature from the Japanese spec March is they have electric folding mirrors and they even have a 4 wheel drive variant. Most of all the colour options in those countries were much nicer than ours.

My interest in this is the last one I shown.
That looks identical to the standard.
Only real difference is the grill has been removed and the lower lip sticks out rather than flat.
And after viewing a few repair techniques noticed its possible to make a mould.
For that small difference it would not be that complicated to make something similar.
Not saying it would be easy though someone who is good at that may be able to recreate that look for UK micra.

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
SOLD, gutted!!!

I'd have gone all the way to Cheshire from Essex with a trailer to get that car, my search continues!!!
I flied to Amsterdam from Helsinki, via Copenhagen back in 2014, to get my Big Block Micra 160SR.
Drove it through Netherlands, Germany, Denmark and took ferry from Sweden to the Land of the Finns.
Still happy with my purchase! :)

I flied to Amsterdam from Helsinki, via Copenhagen back in 2014, to get my Big Block Micra 160SR.
Drove it through Netherlands, Germany, Denmark and took ferry from Sweden to the Land of the Finns.
Still happy with my purchase! :)

I flew to Amsterdam I think you mean ha ha he he ;)

That is an incredible journey for the purpose of buying a car, aren't used cars plentiful in The Land of the Finns?

Apparently only 220 made, not sure how many left great condition for the age, usual headlight discolouration issue, other than that all good. It is a 1.2.

View attachment 72463

So so so, it transpires that this model of Micra has a type of audio head unit I didn't know existed, generally I thought the so called double din (even though they aren't strictly double din size) head units came in two flavours, one being the pre facelift non bluetooth 6 disc cd changer and the facelift bluetooth 6 disc cd changer however the revelation (maybe not if you know this already) is that the Chic model has a pre facelift looking head unit WITH BLUETOOTH albeit very basic phone call handling capability and a rather out of place aftermarket looking microphone tucked in to the very far right of the dash top close to the A pillar trim, this in turn means the steering wheel button layout is also different to what I've seen before, it has a phone button like the facelift but no i button for the MPG/range/trip information computer display, the only information you can toggle is trip A and trip B distance by the push control on the binnacle. They obviously spent so much money on the sexy paint colour they needed to save money elsewhere ??

My audio system is the same as you describe, I don't bother with the phone/microphone as it is a bit dated for modern phones, but I like the head unit it reproduces a good sound now I have upgraded the 4 speakers for German one's instead of the Tunisian made blaupunkt!!!!:oops:

My audio system is the same as you describe, I don't bother with the phone/microphone as it is a bit dated for modern phones, but I like the head unit it reproduces a good sound now I have upgraded the 4 speakers for German one's instead of the Tunisian made blaupunkt!!!!:oops:

Yesterday I removed the stock head unit and installed a Pioneer double DIN. The actual bluetooth functions I mentioned above aren’t integrated into the head unit, the bluetooth is bizarrely hard wired into the car. There is a (strangely enough) a blue coloured bluetooth module under the front centre console. I left it where it was and when I was pairing my phone with the new head unit I saw that MYMICRA bluetooth device was still available to pair with, disappointingly (although all the other steering wheel buttons work) the phone button didn’t operate the phone functions of the new head unit so for that reason and for the extra functions of the missing i button I’ll be experimenting with some other buttons courtesy of @Daheem24

Last edited: