I passed....

OP
OP
P

Pink Princess

Ex. Club Member
i did use them before a little...... i wont want them no where near my car now hehehehhee
but means i might be able to come to more meets etc...

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Well done!! its a great feeling passing. The learning starts from now tho :)

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Well done!!! :D

Good idea this pass plus coz u save loads.
Don't go too mad in your first week of freedom!!!

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
Ems said:
Well done!!! :D

Good idea this pass plus coz u save loads.
Don't go too mad in your first week of freedom!!!

MY insurance said passplus would save me 40%

So I compleated it, and when I got my certif and phoned up, they said they dont allow them...

Just be carful it benifits your insurance...

J

Jim

D4R73N said:
MY insurance said passplus would save me 40%

So I compleated it, and when I got my certif and phoned up, they said they dont allow them...

Just be carful it benifits your insurance...

who was that with?

i saved 40% with norwich union, so in my first year, i saved about a grand.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Tesco definitly allow / accept pass plus. I told them i was doing the course and they gave me the discount from the beginning and said i must send the certificate over once ive completed.

Considering your allowed 2 years to complete pass plus once you've passed, they never got there certificate yet i still got the discount ;)

However it is probably worth doing for the extra experience aswell as the financial benefit

R

ricardo_swarez

My first year driving was with churchil and i saved about 600quid from pass plus,well worth doing

B

Billiard Scram

Two questions, What's a minor, and what is pass plus?

Oh, hang on, I'll bet it's 'cos I'm too old to have experienced them :grinning:

Congrats on passing though.

James

Chairman
Minor mistakes don't fail you in a test (unless you get too many of them).
Majors mean you've failed there and then.
And Pass Plus is a course you can take after you pass, there's no test and it covers driving at night, motorway driving and driving in poor conditions.

Ems

Ex. Club Member
James said:
Minor mistakes don't fail you in a test (unless you get too many of them).
Majors mean you've failed there and then.
And Pass Plus is a course you can take after you pass, there's no test and it covers driving at night, motorway driving and driving in poor conditions.

Yeah that's right. U can have up to 15 minors, which are for little things like forgetting to look in the mirror, not signalling at the right time etc. 16 minors and you fail.
U only need 1 major to fail, which would b something like causing another car to brake hard or swerve or not stopping at a red light etc. Something they consider a 'serious fault'

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I think you're actually only allowed 14.. Once you hit the 15th, you fail

My sister passed on 14 minors and told me "one more and i'd have had to do it again"

She / i may be wrong tho!

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Arnold said:
I think you're actually only allowed 14.. Once you hit the 15th, you fail

My sister passed on 14 minors and told me "one more and i'd have had to do it again"

She / i may be wrong tho!

Nope it's 15!! Go on the DVLA website!! :p

R

RIK

but your only alowed like 3/4 in one subject,like 3 minors on mirors n thats a major

Congratulations!

I also just passed my driving test a week ago in tuesday, without any mistakes :) Here in Finland we can't have a driving license before we are 18, and that sucks :glare: Well, tomorrow I have a driving test for truck, hopefully I'll pass it..

yeah well done, i failed 3 times before passing which really sucked :(

howevetr iv been driving for over sa year now :D

for insurance try admiral and the 10 month bonus accelerator which is a years NCB in 10 month i thought this was really good n the price was good too!

:D

ps they do pass plus too :D

OP
OP
P

Pink Princess

Ex. Club Member
im with diamond which is part of the admiral group...
as my car is fully modded my insurance is cheap in comparison to others...
i am fully comp on the 10 month bonus accelerator scheme and my insurance is £600...

Pink Princess said:

as my car is fully modded my insurance is cheap in comparison to others...

can you explain this? i thought the more mods you do the more expensive it will become?

well done on gettin insurance that cheap mine is 1200 wit a years driving experience :(

James

Chairman
K11SS said:
can you explain this? i thought the more mods you do the more expensive it will become?

well done on gettin insurance that cheap mine is 1200 wit a years driving experience :(
Simple...
Woman + Diamond = Dirt cheap.

Gender bias at its most obvious ¬_¬

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
im paying £1050 fully comp on a 10 month policy and after the 10 months i get a years no claims, with my alloys and sound system