I got the little fella through his MOT

My Micra passed its MOT, quite a bit of work getting it through but its done now.

Technically quite a bargain:
Car £130
Welding £80
Parts from Scrapyard £50
CV joint £25
Waterpump £18

So about £300 for a Micra which I now know will be reliable having done all the work bar the welding myself and with 12 months MOT.

Best of all, whilst trawling scrap yards I stumbled across a mint black leather interior for my 200sx which I managed to snap up for a bargain. Without the Micra I would never have discovered this.

Most annoying thing is that the day I got the Micra through its MOT, my 200sx got a nail through the edge of a tyre (not repairable) and it just so happens that each tyre on that car costs the same amount as my Micra did, whats more, to keep the car balanced I've got to replace 2 :down: Even more annoying they were the fronts which had 6mm of tread left, the rears are almost bald but don't have a single puncture. Typical!

Oh and I snapped my nail clippers in half on my thumbnail this morning (made me feel like a real man) which are going to be another £2 to replace.

gt-r said:
Prices for 205/55 R16 90V start at £36.60 per tyre delivered to your door.

I need good quality tyres really, its very tail happy. Was running a set of p7000's which weren't bad but were no way as good as my Eagle F1's I had on before. I'm staying away from budget tyres, particularly Nankangs, almost everyone on the SXOC who's used Nankangs has had an incident of some form.

I've had a look on Mytyres.com and black circles which I have to say are a lot cheaper than the £450 kwick fit quoted me to replace all 4!

I've ordered a pair of 215/45/17 Eagle F1's used but with 4.5mm of tread left to get me through temporarily, managed to get them for £50 which is a bargain. I'll pop these on the front and try to find some new ones for the rear which seems to eat tyres for breakfast!

I got bored!

Micraon17s.jpg