i dunno what to do :(

Well my mind wondered yday and i though what other cars can i get insured on, ya see i reallllyyy like almeras, and i really want one, and i can get insured on a 6month accelerator for students, for just over 1k with no ncb.

as it stands my poor micra will NOT pass its mot. well not accordin to my mate that owns a garage anyways. I need the front xmember replacing, new exhaust and cat, and i have a small rust hole in the door, two small rust spots on the roof, and i need a new cv joint.

I would repair it, but money is an issue with me, and lately, after havin me crash an all, i want something safer, especially as i often have my girlfriend, and my little sister (she's 4) in the car with me.

what would you do? should i repair it? should i sell it?

i do need help, pronto

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
i always thought the k11 was pretty sturdy in comparison to mine anyways... don't forget bigger is not always better or safer!
but if the micra is practically scrap metal now then i would go for almera...
16657_6511..jpg and they look quite nice.
Good Luck! (Y)

i might even buy another, newer k11. i dont know really. based on crashes (and iv been in two bad ones) i felt more safe gettin into another corsa b than i did gettin back into the micra beast. i dont know whats happened :/

i might even buy another, newer k11. i dont know really. based on crashes (and iv been in two bad ones) i felt more safe gettin into another corsa b than i did gettin back into the micra beast. i dont know whats happened :/

Stick to what you know mate; metros,corsas and fiestas worse for rot than the micra

first off,don't take your micra in for scrap.they will give you next to nothing for it. try it for sale on here or on ebay,as a spares or repairs project,listing the faults etc..
even like this they will make roughly 200-350 on ebay.i went to look at a '96 1.0 car a couple of weeks ago locally on ebay,it needed a fair bit of welding underneath,new brakes,a service,body was scruffy,was no history with it or mot,yet it sold for almost 300 [ i didn't buy it] ,so is a lot better than the 50 or 60 a typical scrappy will give you.

otherwise,if you are not too fussed about driving a non-nissan, a Corsa B 1.0 or 1.2 ['93-00 models] is very cheap to insure,cheaper than a micra,was for me anyway,i don't know how you found it when you had one? -i had a '95 1.2 in as a daily driver a couple of months back before i got the micra,and it was £198 fully comp. for me.but i am old,so would be more for younger drivers of course!! but worth checking out. and the older ones are cheap to buy and plentiful still.

yep,as been said,avoid metros like the plague,thats if you can find one these days!! they were bad back in the 80's when new,a mate had an '85 C plate one when it was only 3 or 4 years old and the front wings were rotten even then,horrible cars IMO...another mate had the MG version,it went well but bits were always falling off it!! and in '89 i remember skidding on black ice and nudging into a parked metro in my mk4 Cortina,i came off with a scratch and small dink in my bumper,the metro was quite crumpled!!
mk4 fiestas are reliable and cheap,and handle nice,but as has been mentioned they do suffer more from rust than the nissans i would say.the earlier,pre '95 fiestas are much worse for rust.
best of luck with your search,hope you get something sorted.

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
If you want a car that won't rot get a citroen AX, galvanised panels, some plastic ones too. Cheaper than a micra to insure, great on fuel. There's hundreds about for next to nothing, I just bought one for £250.

Then save up for a better car.

im not worried about the rot as such, but i am worried about the fact that i felt alot safer drivin a corsa b than i do drivin my k11 again :/ dunno why, maybe cause its iv got the basic model or summat a dunno really :/

Have you looked below the bonnet of a Corsa, cos there is very little inner wing, most of wot u see is the arch liner!. To be perfectly honest I had one, and I didn't feel any safer than in either of the micra's I owned (maybe thats cos I was used to driving the wife's audi's, golf's, etc...)

If its a safer car you are lookin for with cheap insurance, maybe you should consider a Peugeot 306. I've just bought one,1997 306L 1.9d, grp 4 insurance, same premium as my old micra! 306 1.4 petrol and 1.9d are gp4, 306 1.9dt gp5 insurance approx. Forget the 1.6 as you would need shares in Shell or Texaco to run the thing!

im not worried about the rot as such, but i am worried about the fact that i felt alot safer drivin a corsa b than i do drivin my k11 again :/ dunno why, maybe cause its iv got the basic model or summat a dunno really :/

:DI dunno if it was only in my head or not, but I thought the facelifted 1999 K11 felt sturdier, cos I had it first, then bought my sister's 97 micra. Maybe the newer one wasn't built in sunderland though! LOL :D

:D:D and NO I'M NOT A GEORDIE SUPPORTER :D:D

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I've only ever owned coke cans, I did drive a mondeo a few times and the puma but I felt disconnected from the road. I prefer cars with no power steering and where you can feel the road though your seat.

:DI dunno if it was only in my head or not, but I thought the facelifted 1999 K11 felt sturdier, cos I had it first, then bought my sister's 97 micra. Maybe the newer one wasn't built in sunderland though! LOL :D

:D:D and NO I'M NOT A GEORDIE SUPPORTER :D:D

i have a pre facelift one, one from 1995 or summat like that lol

Stani1029

Club Member
i highly recommend an almera n15 :) ####in great cars! as for your micra, that mot is ###### all, if your mate owns a garage you should be getting cheap work done :D

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
i highly recommend an almera n15 :) ####in great cars! as for your micra, that mot is ###### all, if your mate owns a garage you should be getting cheap work done :D

thats it
and if you havent lowerd the micra yet it does feel rolly rolly as mine isnt lowerd either yet

thats it
and if you havent lowerd the micra yet it does feel rolly rolly as mine isnt lowerd either yet

haha i am gettin cheap work done :D as it stands am not entirely decided on weather am guna give up and start again, had lots of fun times in the micra :D lol may just get a new door, av got a xmember comin from ebay, as for the rest...how hard can it be?! ;) (im goin to regret sayin that now aint i :?)

haha l may just get a new door, av got a xmember comin from ebay, as for the rest...how hard can it be?! ;) (im goin to regret sayin that now aint i :?)

I'd fibreglass the hole in the door and use a little filler to tidy it up if you're going to paint the rust spots on the roof anyway (helfrauds do a quite good colour match in cans of spray-paint (I've got them for a few different jobs). X-member is the thing I'd give a good coat of schutz or other sealer when it is replaced!
s/h driveshaft should cost no more than £30-35

right :) after a few months of insurance companies robbing my time :mad: iv decided to stick it out with the micra. almeras are just too expensive to insure, especially on part time wage :/ thanks for all the info though