Hunting

Sky Insurance

Official MSC Trader
Hi,

I'm hoping for some advice.

My k11 Super S is hunting quite a lot. The revs will drop down to 200RPM (TWO HUNDRED) and the battery light will flicker on on off, if I give it a quick rev it usually recovers but can keep on doing it.. this happens from cold and when the engine is fully warmed up.

I changed the spark plugs last weekend to try and cure the problem but it is still doing it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Ollie

adjust the idle speed allen screw behind the TB to raise the warm idle to 700rpm. if its not fast idling properly bout 1300rpm when cold, try cleaning the IAV and readjust the idle screw

many thanks will have a read though.

Warm idle is about 1000RPM, cold idle (from start) 2000 RPM..

I appreciate the replies very much so thanks again

Ollie

ps, loving the super S! :grinning:

i am guessing it is some dry solder joints in the throttle body, though the older 1993 k11s do suffer a bit in the cold in general,

It sounds very similar to my QX's cold starting problems:

[video=youtube;u_p3f-r_oys]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_p3f-r_oys[/video]

Which I'm advised by Maxima's Down Under that it's the IACV valve needing cleaning. Might be worth giving that a try too!

It didn't go well! Cleaned the idle control valve and adjusted the idle speed as much as possible.. Warm idle is now 1700rpm so something isn't right, the revs are also bouncing .. Also there is no engine check light so how do I pull the fault codes?

you did,nt trap the O ring on the i/c/v did you ollie (its been posted up many times when members did,nt grease it, and it got trapped :wasntme:)
and the obd1 faultcode system is very crude/ineffective tbh

Carefully check the battery terminals too to make sure they're making a strong connection. Ours gradually got worse over the space of a couple of days and the symtpoms were the same as your initial ones

Mark

you did,nt trap the O ring on the i/c/v did you ollie (its been posted up many times when members did,nt grease it, and it got trapped :wasntme:)
and the obd1 faultcode system is very crude/ineffective tbh

Hi Frank, dont think so, would that cause these symtoms? The ICV was cleaned and put back back as it was and sealed.. I'm a bit of a loss really :doh:

Ok I'm still stuck, off to the scrap yard tomorrow to find a 1.3 micra to take some bits off to hopefully fix mine.. Idling at 2200 rpm when sitting in traffic isn't fun !!

the pre-coilpack (pre 2000) t/b,s are all the same ollie, there,s a fast idle coldstart waxstat at the rear of the t/b that may be sticking (it holds the throttle quadrant open a bit while the water is cold)

Back